RM&E Advisor I
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Advisor is responsible for providing technical, managerial leadership and strategic insights to the country program in the areas of project monitoring, evaluation, and research. The MER Advisor manages the MER team and works with technical and program staff to design and implement a monitoring, learning, and evaluation (MLE) plan for each project in their portfolio. This is responsible for ensuring high quality M&E systems and deliverables using best practices and following Ipas standard operating procedures. The Advisor ensures accurate evidence is provided for reporting and decision making, and promotes knowledge sharing internally and externally through dissemination, global conferences, and peer reviewed articles. Additionally, this position manages a research portfolio, collaborating with other Ipas researchers to produce high quality evidence that contributes to the abortion field and program objectives.
Summary of Responsibilities
Organizational Leadership and Strategy
- Contributes to developing or implementing the strategic plan; Leads relevant areas of implementing the strategic plan
- Initiates, promotes and facilitates collaboration across units
- Provides supportive supervision at unit level
- Responsible for unit performance and results
- Engages with Ipas headquarters and other country teams to promote global learning and contributions to the field
Financial & Risk Management
- Develops project workplans and budgets that are cost effective
- Leads workplan implementation and budget monitoring at the project level
- Implements risk reduction plans
- Ensures unit compliance with Ipas policies, procedures and standards
- Ensures compliance with specific donor contracts for assigned projects
- Contributes to developing or updating policies, procedures and standards, in assigned areas
Technical or Functional Area
- Contributes to project design, including the development of log frames and MER plans for proposals.
- Oversees the development and implementation of strong monitoring, learning, and evaluation plans for all projects and for the country/regional strategic plan, ensuring adherence to donor deliverable and reporting timelines
- Collaborates with other Ipas researchers on research design, protocol development, managing ethical approvals, management of research staff and data collection, data analysis, and dissemination.
- Ensures quality data collection and analysis for donor reporting and program decision making
- Assists project leaders, project teams and Ipas Country leadership to monitor and understand programmatic progress and resolve problems, through regular data reviews and user-friendly analysis
- Supports and supervises the MER team, consultants, and contractors, ensuring strong staff capacity and performance
- Collaborates with Ipas global MER staff, ensuring strong MER systems and tools and adherence to Ipas standard operating procedures.
- Leads knowledge sharing efforts, including internal sharing of results and lessons, and external sharing through conferences, publications, and other methods.
- Conducts regular data validation and yearly Routine Data Quality Assessments to ensure data validity
- Conducts analyses and produces visualizations for donor reports and meetings
- Represents Ipas in different national and international research and policy forums through presentations and publications in peer reviewed journals
- Contributes to thought leadership and innovation
- Develops, implements and manages evaluation and research projects
- Leads in the preparation of donor reports and externally facing documents; Ensures quality
- Leads or contributes significantly to project design and proposal preparation
Communication & representation
- Represents Ipas externally, primarily with vendors, contractors, consultants or project implementation partners
- Finalizes and shares learning and expertise within the global Ipas network
- Leads development or implementation of communications plans, primarily at project level
- Builds and maintains strong partnerships, primarily for a specific project
- Master’s degree in relevant field (statistics, demography, public health or other), or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of MER experience
- Three or more years of experience supervising MER staff and conducting high-level data analysis
- Experienced in research and evaluation design and management
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Experience using statistical software, preferably Stata
- Experience managing databases
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams and create a positive work environment, including through supportive supervision, strong communication, non-hierarchical leadership approaches, and modelling the Ipas core values.
- Demonstrated capacity and commitment to good stewardship of funds, including strong skills in work planning, budgeting, financial monitoring, and data-driven problem solving.
- Deep commitment to women’s reproductive health and rights, including abortion
- Professional-level fluency in both French and English (speaking, reading, and writing).
The deadline is until November 3rd, 2021
To apply, please click here
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, caste, ethnicity, regional identity, tribal identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy. Ipas acknowledges that these personal characteristics may differ in different contexts.
Société : Ipas Careers
Site Internet :