Provincial Coordinator, Tanganyika
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone. Our vision is a world where every person has the health care needed to thrive. Our programs focus building people-centered health systems that make sure health products and services are available when an d where they are needed, with a focus on developing scalable, high-impact solutions. We are driven by a passion for collaboration and partnership, as we believe strongly that collective action is the only way to achieve sustainable change. Our work improves the lives of more than 35 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
VillageReach seeks a Provincial Coordinator based in Kalemie, Tanganyika Province. The Provincial Coordinator will direct and supervise the implementation of the activities of the various projects piloted by VillageReach at the Provincial level. He/She will work in close collaboration with the Direction Provinciale de la Santé (DPS) and its technical bodies (specifically EPI antenna), as well as a consortium of funding partners, working groups, and technical groups involved in the implementation of activities supported by VillageReach. The Provincial Coordinator will work closely with VillageReach staff in the DRC and with staff at headquarters in the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Support the implementation of Mashako Plan in Tanganyika and contribute to the improvement of its key performance indicators.
- Strengthen routine immunization at the provincial level.
- Implementation of a streamlined plan for Supplemental Immunization Activities (ASI) integrated into supportive supervision.
- Support the distribution activities, logistics data collection and analysis for decision-making and key indicators to measure supply chain performance.
- Present the results to the DPS and other stakeholders and support the DPS in the use of indicators to identify causes of underperformance and develop solutions for continuous improvement.
- Represent VillageReach in Tanganyika at working group meetings and other forums, to ensure effective coordination between different parties and institutions and to identify new opportunities for collaboration.
- Produce a monthly report and a distribution report.
- Develop and establish the monthly budget for the activities as well as for the operation of the Tanganyika office.
- Build and strengthen collaboration with DPS, Antenne PEV, CDR, ZS and local partners.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive : Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication : Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion : Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence : Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation : Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, particularly in the transfer of knowledge and skills to public health workers at the provincial level.
- Solid experience and knowledge of health program management.
- Strong ability to plan, analyze, evaluate and manage the project.
- Proven experience in using data and analysis for project management.
- Proven experience in writing a written report
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have the ability to travel within Sankuru province, Kinshasa or wherever the mission is needed.
- Excellent command of the French language in reading, writing and oral communication.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis.
- Strong knowledge of primary health care.
Education & Experience:
The candidate must have a degree in public health, supply chain of health products or other relevant fields. He/she must have at least 5 years of experience in the field of supply chain management of vaccines and other health products with experience working with international NGOs.
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Mastery of the local language is a plus.
- Previous experience in Tanganyika is a plus
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until August 18, 2020. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter [plus any other desired materials] to our online portal:
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history.
Société : VillageReach
Site Internet :