AVIS DE RECRUTEMENT (SVN)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : National Project Officer
Duty Station: Kinshasa, République démocratique du Congo
Classification : Durée du contrat
National Officer, Grade NOA
6 months Special Short Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date Reference
Closing Date : As soon as possible
08 August 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Kinshasa, DRC and, in collaboration with relevant units in DRC, at Headquarters, and at the Regional Offices, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the below functions in Kinshasa, Dem Rep, of Congo.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Assist in the coordination and monitoring of the operational, administrative, and financial aspects of the project in accordance with IOM policies and practices as well as donor’s requirements;
Keep the supervisor informed on the status of project implementation; identify gaps and suggest actions to improve implementation;
Participate in the development and adjustment of work plans, project budgets, Monitoring & Evaluation tools and standard operations procedures;
Coordinate the collection, verification and analysis of data and background information; update information management systems and social media platforms on project related activities including project awareness and visibility, summaries, press releases and other relevant materials;
Coordinate timely preparation and dissemination of project reports in accordance with IOM procedures and donor requirements;
Liaise and coordinate with donors, partners, United Nations agencies, Non-Government Organizations local authorities and stakeholders and government counterparts;
Contribute to the planning, development, organization and delivery of capacity building activities targeting IOM staff, government and civil society partners, implementing partners and communities;
Attend relevant conferences, workshops, working groups, interagency coordination meetings, and other forums;
Participate in the preparation of project proposals and a diverse range of communication products, concept notes and other planning documents;
Organize, supervise, and provide training and technical guidance to project staff.
Undertake duty travel relating to project implementation, monitoring visits, project assessments, liaison with counterparts, etc.
Perform other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
Master’s degree in the above-mentioned fields
Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations;
Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups such as stranded migrants; etc…
Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
Required: Fluency in both French and English.
Desirable: Local Languages
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed
manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve
shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are invited to submit their application, CV and motivation using the below link:
Incomplete applications or sent by another means will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date :
From 25.07.2022 to 08.08.2022