VEHICLE BID DOCUMENT
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROCUREMENT AND PURPOSE:
Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) intends to implement Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) activities under the Breakthrough ACTION Project in the Democratic Republic of Congo funded by USAID. These activities include Democracy and Governance, Education, Nutrition, Malaria, Family Planning and Reproductive Global Health, Security Program on Maternal and Child Health and Safety. During its first year, the program will establish offices in Kinshasa and Lubumbashi, necessitating the procurement of three vehicles duty free to transport staff across multiple health areas and including the surrounding districts. We anticipate having two vehicles in Kinshasa and one in Lubumbashi. In so far, these vehicles are for conducting programmatic health activities such as training and transport of teams and workshop materials in the surrounding target districts.
Based on the programmatic needs of the DRC Breakthrough ACTION Team, these identified specifications will serve as the basis in procuring the vehicles in question:
- US Manufactured Preferred
- Type of vehicle: SUV
- Number of seats: 6-7 passengers including driver
- Transmission: Four Wheel Drive (4WD) or All Wheel Drive (AWD)
- Vehicle specification: Left-Hand Drive
- Fuel type: Diesel, Gasoline or Petrol
- Tank capacity: (+-) 90L
- Engine: 6-Cylinder
- Cargo space
- Air conditioning
- Manual transmission
- Raised air intakes
- The vehicles proposed should be 2019 or 2018 models.
- Vendor needs to include any warranty information.
- Vendor should be licensed and have to include the letter from the manufacturer indicating that they are licensed.
- Vendor should include the country of manufacture for each vehicle, and if the vehicle is not available in country at the moment, we need to know the country from which it will be shipped.
- Vendor will include their proof of registration in the country.
- Validity period of the bid—Quotation must be valid for a period of 90 days.
- Delivery lead-time in the event of advance payment
- All vehicles must be brand new. Warranty and repair/maintenance plan must be stated clearly for Kinshasa, Lubumbashi and other state locations.
- All vehicles must be delivered to JHU offices (Kinshasa and Lubumbashi) within 90 days following the signing of a contractual agreement.
- Two vehicles will be deliver in Kinshasa and one in Lubumbashi.
- Proposals must identify availability of service facilities and parts for the vehicles. The number and location of all affiliated service facilities in addition to the availability of obtaining genuine spare parts.
Please note that the project is exempted from VAT payment, so quotations should show clearly the duty free amount
Applications: Interested applicants must send your proposals to BA.DRC.Jobs@gmail.com before 5PM Kinshasa time March 1, 2019, with the subject line: “BA-DRC Vehicle Quotation”: