Contexte et mission :
The Country Program Director (CPD) will be responsible for the long term and overall success of Help a Child's country program in DRC. The CPD will manage the country office, the Help a Child DRC Program and the country team. (S)he is responsible for successful fundraising, the development and implementation of the Help a Child DRC country strategy, delivering high quality projects, sound financial management and strategic stakeholder management. Furthermore, the CPD will be end responsible for quality control & evaluation, including adherence to donor standards and quality reporting. The CPD will manage a team that currently consists of 11 professionals.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Identify, create and capitalize on funding opportunities for further growth of the Help a Child portfolio.
- Represent Help a Child at key events.
- Successfully invest in and expand networks of relevant stakeholders, including Dutch and other foreign embassies, donor representatives and DRC national/ local government entities and like-minded INGO’s in order to develop partnerships.
- Ensure strategic growth, development and delivery of the Help a Child DRC Country Program, in line with the Help a Child mandate, strategy and Theory of Change.
- Manage the Country Program and coordinate with local partners, ensuring the partner's quality in implementation standards, guidelines and reporting.
- Ensure that existing and new projects are in line with strategy, operational plans and budgets.
- Responsible for timely and high quality reporting to back donors and Help a Child’s International Office.
- Responsible for ensuring strong and outstanding collaborative relations with Help a Child’s International office.
- End-responsible for sound financial management and control of the administrative and financial organization.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of efficient and effective operating systems, and ensuring compliance with all Help a Child Management Operating Standards and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for the overall HR cycle of staff, including the development of an organizational culture that reflects HaC’s values, promotes accountability and high performance and frees up staff to deliver outstanding results for beneficiaries and donors
Profil recherché :
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- This is an extraordinary opportunity for an ambitious, entrepreneurial and high energy professional with significant experience in (Program) Management and Fundraising to be part of a growing country office. Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of an Advanced Degree in a relevant field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a relief or early recovery setting, preferably in a similar position.
- Proven track record in identifying, creating and capitalizing on funding opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in building personal and professional networks at a senior level.
- Good knowledge of Protection, FSL, Education and Community empowerment.
- Preferably experience working in consortia and with implementing partner organizations.
- Good understanding of program, financial and operational management processes.
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development.
- Experience managing a growing team of staff.
- Experience working in a fragile and cross cultural context, preferably in DRC.
- Preferably experience in working with a Theory of Change as frame work.
- Experience in managing safety & security needs.
- Results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and urgency.
- Fluent in English, strong communication skills, both verbally and written (including presentation skills).
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity.
- Being a Christian, adhering to the Christian identity of Help a Child and experienced communicating the Christian identity of Help a Child to team members.
- Full support for the vision and mission of Help a Child.