Présentation entreprise :
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is home to the Malaria Control and Evaluation Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) which works closely with National Malaria Control programs in Africa to strengthen data systems and data use to better inform strategies and targeting of resources to reduce burden. Key components of this work are to generate evidence on novel and existing malaria tools to guide decision-makers, and to work with donors to ensure the resources needed to implement these interventions are available.
PATH is seeking a Malaria Program Lead for MACEPA, based in the DRC. PATH is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong project management skills, public health experience, robust analytical and writing skills, and extensive organization and communication skills. S/he is responsible for providing strategic and technical direction and implementation of research and project(s) design and seen as the subject matter expert in their respective technical area. The MACEPA Malaria Program Lead will report to the Director of Programs.
Contexte et mission :
- Lead MACEPA’s technical assistance and support to the PNLP in the areas of surveillance, monitoring and evaluation, operational research, improved generation and use of data for decision making.
- Direct program support to the government in using data for decision-making for optimized malaria interventions.
- Support the development of strategic and technical documents and resource mobilization efforts
- Lead technical and managerial planning, and implementation of MACEPA activities in DRC Assess MACEPA’s progress against goals and donor commitments to measure impact, identify program bottlenecks or weaknesses, devise solutions to strengthen programs as necessary and ensure teams are consistently updated on progress and results.
- Maintain and grow strong relationships with government and partner organizations working on malaria in the DRC to coordinate MACEPA’s support.
- Evaluate the potential for new tools or strategies to contribute to national strategic plans and, as appropriate, facilitate the process for planning and rolling out these tools.
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing across global, regional, and country-based team-members to institutionalize knowledge and ensure consistency of PATH’s technical and operational support to malaria programs.
- Work with PATH’s global technical advisors and PATH DRC’s Senior Management Team to set strategic areas for expansion and guide strategic planning or partnerships development as needed.
- Disseminate outputs through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications and communicate them internally and externally.
- Represent PATH at regional meetings and conferences, manage relationship and coordination with regional bodies.
- Manage in-country malaria program staff, including the Technical Program Manager, Senior Data Officer, and other technical staff.
Profil recherché :
Required skills and experience:
- Advance degree in public health, medicine, social sciences, business or related field, and a minimum of 10 years of experience providing technical assistance in support of malaria control and elimination objectives, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with government institutions, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders (particularly at the sub-national level), informing development of strategy, policy and operational plans, preferably in malaria control and elimination.
- Experience and understanding of the DRC health system context and malaria programming at the national and sub-national levels.
- Demonstrated experience managing technical programming against work plan commitments, designing and implementing technical activities, and communicating inputs/outputs/outcomes of activities.
- Experience managing junior and mid-level technical staff members.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in support systems for malaria control and elimination.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-site, multi-year project, including managing partner collaboration, experience with cross-cultural teams highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration and diplomacy and commitment to achieving project objectives.
- Fluency in French and professional proficiency in English with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.