Présentation entreprise :
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth collaborates with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
Contexte et mission :
The country representative (CR)/MSSFPO Country Program Manager will have programmatic and overall management oversight of all EngenderHealth programs in DRC. S/he will serve as a key liaison with officials at high levels and manage the critical relationships with the Government of DRC and other national partners, being the primary liaison with all key stakeholders, including other USAID implementing partners in DRC. The CR/project director is a recognized technical expert on local and global best practices and ensures that project activities are implemented using state-of-the-art interventions.
The CR/MSSFPO Country Program Manager will lead the USAID MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics project in DRC, devoting approximately 80% level of effort to lead and manage the program. Responsibilities will include ensuring that the project meets all key benchmarks and oversight of the technical, program, managerial and fiscal for day-to-day management of the project.
The CR/MSSFPO Country Program Manager will also have overall responsibility for the country’s program portfolio, including achieving program results, financial management, accounting, and reporting, ensuring compliance with all EH and donors’ contractual matters and other applicable laws and regulations. She/he will be responsible for the development of EngenderHealth’s country program and support new business opportunities that arise.
The CR/MSSFPO Country Program Manager will report to EngenderHealth’s Regional Representative and will have a strong dotted line reporting to the Global project Director, and direct responsibility for supervision of DRC country office staff. She/he will foster close teamwork in the DRC country office. This role is likely to require up to 25% travel.
Profil recherché :
REQUIREMENTS: Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Advanced degree in public health, clinical medicine, nursing, social sciences, international development or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in implementing MH/FP programs in public and/or private health sector in West or Central Africa, preferably DRC.
- Experience in working collaboratively with Ministry of Health to scale up and implement national and preferably reproductive health programs.
- Experience in managing and supervising individuals and teams.
- Ability to be strategic and entrepreneurial, and to foster a cultural environment of innovation and collaboration.
- Flexible and adaptable with proven capacity to respond rapidly and effectively to a changing environment.
- Excellent partnership and relationship building skills, with proven results in working with multiple collaborators.
- Excellent understanding of international public health landscape in developing countries in areas related to Maternal Health , Family Planning, SRH/R, quality improvement and assurance.
- Strong knowledge of the donor landscape within the health sector and potential investors for quality assurance.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral communications skills.
- Ability to travel within DRC and internationally approximately 25% of the time (equivalent of 16 weeks annually) to work with EngenderHealth’s field staff and partners.
- Experience in integrating reproductive health interventions in public and/or private sector interventions.
- Experience in representing organizations in global technical fora.
- Comfort with a matrix management approach
- Fluency in French including business and healthcare terminology.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
- Comfortable working in a fast – paced environment and being held accountable for meeting ambitious targets.
- Leadership skills to work with autonomy while still being collaborative, prioritize tasks, and positively influence others to follow directives and meet deliverables with global stakeholders
- Systems-thinker whose strength is proactively finding the slightest weakness in a process and implementing a solution.
- Problem-solver mentality, with the ability to adapt seamlessly to changing priorities
- Ensuring compliance with programmatic and clinical standards, as well as donor expectations regarding alignment with the broader MOMENTUM suite of programs and branding/marking guidance.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively in different socio-cultural contexts.
- Organized, high level of accuracy, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and share information effectively with colleagues.
- Able to develop strong working relationships in virtual and remote environments.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to use knowledge of the organizational and political climate to solve problems and accomplish goals.
- Experience in advocating for the integration of MH/FP/SRH standards and practices into national policies, systems and training frameworks.
- Experience in technical tools and materials development.
- Experience in program monitoring and reporting.
- Experience with budgeting and expenditure monitoring
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Employees can be asked to do other comparable duties as assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Applicant should visit our careers page and upload their CV by clicking on the link bellow
The last date of submission for applicants is 28th May 2021.