Implementation Consultant (Independent Contractor)
Position: Implementation Consultant (Independent Contractor)
Kinshasa, DR Congo
Duration: 3 months
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit:
CHAI is engaged in several technology initiatives across various countries to address critical gaps in effective health systems operations and delivery. Infrastructure and human resource constraints limit the impact of public health programs and cause unacceptable delays in achieving widely recognized goals of universal access to prevention and treatment. When designed and implemented well, technology solutions can achieve transformational impact without significant capital investments and enable more efficient use of limited resources.
CHAI’s Global Information Systems (GIS) team assists several country and global teams in using technology to facilitate programmatic impact by addressing critical gaps in effective health systems operations and delivery.
Countries impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic have seen their health systems overwhelmed by the number of patients requiring care and ensuring adequate availability of supplies like personal protective equipment (PPE), diagnostic and clinical care equipment. As LMICs in Africa, Asia and Mesoamerica prepare to respond to a similar surge in patient load, they will need to quickly mobilize capacity to effectively manage their supply chains to deliver an uninterrupted supply of commodities. CHAI’s GIS team is working with partner organizations to configure and deploy OpenLMIS for COVID as a standalone, rapidly deployable, cloud-based, free-to-use order, stock management and visibility system to manage COVID-19 commodities.
The Implementation Consultant will leadthe deployment in DRC as well as support global team activities for OpenLMIS.
- Manage OpenLMIS for COVID through the full implementation life cycle
- Coordinate with CHAI DRC team on assessment and prioritization of MoH requests based on core user needs, budget and timeline constraints, as well as technical feasibility
- Represent the needs/requests of the country in the OpenLMIS Global Team
- Prepare implementation strategy with country team on scale up, training and post deployment support; monitor and support country team in executing said strategy
- Design and lead assessments of infrastructure, processes, and challenges for supply chain health systems and service delivery areas
- Prepare business case and strategy for expanding OpenLMIS to non-COVID MoH service delivery areas – essential medicines, vaccines, etc.
For OpenLMIS Global Team:
- Identify, document and champion system improvement opportunities
- Coordinate sharing of information, best practices, and lessons learned in the design, development, and deployment of technology solutions across OpenLMIS countries
- Bachelor’s in information systems,Supply Chain/Operations, or equivalent degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience. Candidates without the relevant degree but with extensive relevant experience will also be considered
- Experience in designing and implementing technology solutions with users highly preferred
- Field implementation experience of at least one extensive project in supply chain domain
- Excitement about taking an idea from concept to development to large-scale implementation
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity and work in a fast-paced, limited-structure,multicultural environment
- Ability to handle work remotely, manage conversations across multiple time zones and work independently
- Excellent analytical skills, particularly in systems and/or information systems analysis
- Exceptional writing and communication skills; Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical users
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences and trends
- Strong work ethic, integrity, credibility, and dedication to CHAI’s mission
- Knowledge of and experience in public health systems a plus
- French language skills preferred
Société : CHAI
Site Internet :