IMPORTANT INTERNATIONAL NON GOUVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION
Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) PROGRAM
DRC Program Gender Advisor
Reports to Direct Supervisor:Technical Director
Summary: Works with the project team on project activities that have a combined program objective.Collaborates with other members of the project team to ensure deliverables meet the needs of target populations.With capacity building and development as a guiding principle, engage closely with the government and / or local NGOs on the management and monitoring of all programs in the field.Coordinates with national agencies and programs to ensure links and identify opportunities for integration betweenGENDER,Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Strengthen Systems & Capacity Building (SSCB ) servicesand broader health, education, vocational training and other interventions that respond to the needs of the target populations.Evaluates technical and training needs, reviews and adapts training materials, and contributes to scaling up successful experiences in implementing best clinical and community practices that lead to increased use of family planning services.Ensures that the project team builds on leading-edge knowledge and practices in areas specific to the program area.Collaborates with other advisors to facilitate policy, research and programs that benefit women and children.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Technical Assistance: Provides technical assistance to country offices, host country governments, local partners and other agencies to assess needs and develop standards and guidelinesinGenderintegrated into SRHR and SSCB, and / or provide gender services,SRHR and SSCB meeting the needs of the target populations.
- Technical Support for Proposals: Provides technical support for proposal development, including participation in developing strategies for technical approach, proposal writing, and proposal review concerning Gender matters
- Resource Management: Collaborate with otherproject teams,USAID (or other Donors) and national entities in the development and implementation of SRHR and SSCB services integrated into Gender to bring a wide range of resources to meet the multiple needs of the target populations.
- Quality Assurance: Works with the technical team to ensure that service and service integration best practices are well documented, evaluated, and ready to scale.Forms and implements teams to optimize staff performance programming, goal setting and project work plan and deployment in Gender area;
- Brand Ambassador: Represents Pathfinder International to organizations and external audiences at business meetings and conferences
- Liaison with key stakeholders: Liaises and coordinates with key stakeholders, including USAID (or other Donors) missions, and international and local partners to play a very proactive role in repositioning family planning as a preventive health intervention and socio-economic development and to share lessons and experiences.
Minimum professional skills required:
- Country-specific public health system: Advanced knowledge of countries' public health systems.
- Gender,Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: In- depth knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments inGender,SRHR and SSCB.Advanced skillsin the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development and response activities, preferably with USAID, WHO or other donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Operations and Program Development: Advanced skills in implementing and managing similar program operations in the developing world, including advocacy.
- Proposal Development: Advanced skills in proposal development, from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization, and proven ability to raise substantial research / development funds.
- Leadership: Advanced skills as a leader in health and strengthening health service delivery in developing countries and proven ability to develop strategic plans.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in program and project management and planning to achieve performance objectives, including implementation and timely presentation of donor-funded program activities .
- Operations and Financial Management: Advanced knowledge ofoperations and financial management in developing countries.
- Leadershipchange : Ability to demonstrate flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
- Presentation skills: Ability to present results and products to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Advanced skills to facilitate working relationships between partners, government officials and communities.
Minimum organizational skills required:
- Software Applications: Extensive knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local languages ??and English language.
- Communication and Influence Skills : Demonstrated ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal and child health services, and the eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a team member, be detail-oriented and manage stress effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Matrix management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues
Minimum education, training and experience required
- Bachelor ofSocial Sciences,scienceofhealth,or in a related discipline.
- 5 years experience in international development, preferably in implementing programs in developing countries seeking to empower women and girls
- 5 years of international non-profit experience
- Recommended: Experience with projects funded by USAID
- Recommended: Experience in project design
- Recommended: Life or work experience in developing countries that helps to understand program context, realities on the ground and technical needs
How to apply :
Send cover letter and resume only in English and in Word format to [email protected] not later than August 13, 2020.
Your mail subject should be the position title.
Note : Female q ualified candidates are strongly recommended to apply and will be preferred in the case of competencies equality.
Société : N / A
Site Internet :
Email : [email protected]