Data Officer, Malaria
Data Officer, Malaria
CD M&E OFFICER
Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Division: Global Health Programs
Program : Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)
PATH is currently recruiting for Data Officer to supports its malaria program in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The Data Officer will be a key member of PATH DRC’s growing malaria team and will primarily support our BMGF-funded project to strengthen DRC’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and integrate malaria data in support of the National Malaria Control Program. The Data Officer will report to the Project Coordinator with additional guidance and support from PATH global technical experts in malaria and digital health. S/he will work closely with PATH’s DRC and global teams and in collaboration with national and international project partners to support the integration and management of malaria data at the EOC level.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Data Officer will help set up actionable dashboards to (i) monitor the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic on malaria and (ii) support data-based decision making to strengthen ongoing national malaria control interventions.
- Collaborate with health officials from relevant departments of the Ministry of Health (EOC, Technical Secretariat, SNIS, ANICIIS, …) and the National Malaria Control Program for project implementation.
- Ensure data integrity, timely processing and management of primary and related information products and support the implementation of data validation and other quality assurance activities.
- Conduct statistical and qualitative data analyses to ensure data reliability as well as consistent improvements in the quality of data.
- Participate in data quality assurance activities including development of data quality protocols for digital tools used by the EOC.
- Contributes to the development of a monitoring and evaluation plan for project activities.
- In collaboration with PATH’s technical partner on the project, provide technical assistance and support enabling malaria data integration at the EOC level.
- Support the EOC to ensure digital tools deployed are aligned with DRC’s national digital health strategy.
- Coordinate with partners to ensure the appropriate data systems are updated and used for decision-making.
- Contribute to program design and report development.
- Participate in other projects related to PATH DRC’s growing malaria portfolio as needed.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
- An advanced degree in IT, software development, or related field preferred
- A minimum of 3 years data management experience.
- Experience in public health preferred – preferably malaria and other infectious diseases
- Experience adapting, maintaining, and using data from DHIS2 and ODK.
- Experience with data analysis software (e.g R, Python) and advanced data visualization software (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Demonstrated skills in collecting, managing, and analyzing complex data sets.
- Proven experience working with the Government of DRC, donors, NGOs, and the private sector on infectious disease preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively with diverse project teams and partners at the local, national, and international level.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and workload management skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Willingness and ability to travel within DRC as requested (and when possible in safe conditions).
- Must have legal authorization to work in DRC.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please, click on the link hereafter to submit your application: Data Officer Malaria
Société : PATH
Site Internet :