Coordinator for the Africa Democratic norms program
COORDINATOR FOR THE AFRICA DEMOCRATIC NORMS PROGRAM
Africa Democratic Norms Program Coordinator
This position will coordinate and support activities by NDI and its subgrant partners in DRC and Zimbabwe with the objective of improving the effectiveness of campaigns by civil society partners to defend and expand civic space and advance democratic norms, as well as highlighting African support for democratic norms in public discourse at the regional level. The position will be based in NDI’s Kinshasa office.
With oversight from the DRC Resident Country Director and in close collaboration with NDI’s Africa staff in Washington, DC, and subgrant partners in DRC and Zimbabwe, the project coordinator will :
- Take the lead on the designing, planning, and developing technical tools for a smooth delivery and evaluation of the Program;
- Promote the program at every step of its implementation.
- Facilitate the planning, organization and implementation of all activities necessary for achieving the objectives of the program;
- Ensure that all initiatives that are undertaken and all activities launched contribute to meeting the objectives of the program;
- Maintain strong relationships with partner organizations to ensure the relevance and coherence of subgrantee activities
- Provide coordination to streamline partners’ outreach and advocacy at a continental level;
- Make sure that targets are met and that deadlines are put in place for all activities;
- Write progress, coordination, and other program-related reports, as necessary;
- Develop, complete and finalize all documents necessary for conveying the scope of the program
- Work in direct collaboration and maintain frequent/near daily communication with the team at the head office in Washington to ensure that the implementation of programs and activities meets the requirements of the donor.
- Support and assist the program officers and program assistants of each country in their work.
- Support NDI program teams and partners organizing advocacy by liaising with participants, finalizing program of advocacy meetings or activities, and other arrangements as necessary and in coordination with DC program staff;
- Help to identify interpreters, consultants and other staff, as needed, to support program objectives
- Form and maintain strategic partnerships with program partners (Civil Society Organizations, Citizens’ movements , AU institutions…)
- Design tools and strategies for work, mobilization and dialogue with actors.
- Facilitate the mobilization of program actors through in-person and virtual meetings, and by ensuring sustained contact and the continuation of activities.
- Participate in the analysis and evaluation of actions taken within the scope of the program.
- Organize program coordination meetings, moderate them and write debriefs.
- Establish links for a concerted work effort and for the exchange of information.
- Do research for relevant documents – information, work documents – and share them with the program team.
- Prepare information and other written documents in a timely manner in order to ensure the implementation of program activities.
- Establish and maintain efficient and continuous communications with people and groups directly or indirectly involved with the program.
- Keep the country directors, regional programs team and the head office regularly informed on the progress of the program.
- Take on other tasks necessary for the implementation of the project.
- Professional proficiency in French and English
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Google Suite tools preferred. Basic database skills are desired.
- Experience supporting outreach/organizing campaigns using both traditional and digital methods
- Basic research and analysis skills to allow for gathering, summarizing and presenting findings.
- Oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and through various communication media.
- An attention-to-detail, with a propensity to complete work accurately and with a focus on quality.
- Initiative and a basic level of proficiency in the ability to multitask and prioritize; manage time, perform project management, problem-solving, and organizational skills; and flexibility to adapt and respond to shifting priorities.
- Capacity to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information.
Note : The description of tasks and responsibilities is an indicator of the type of tasks expected for the posting. This description is not exhaustive and other tasks that have not been mentioned above may necessarily be taken on to ensure the complete implementation of the project.
How to apply: Email your CV and cover letter, no later than November 30, 2021 to: [email protected] .
Société : NDI
Site Internet :
Email : [email protected]