Présentation entreprise :
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 58 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
Contexte et mission :
The Vice President, Partnerships & Impact is responsible for inspiring the organization to develop robust evidence, forge innovative partnerships, increase resource mobilization and critically question our theory of impact. The ideal candidate for this position will be an inspiring, pragmatic, resourceful, and strategic leader who has a strong commitment to driving impact and improving health equity; a deep understanding of the complex policy issues at the regional and global levels impacting the uptake of transformative change in community health systems; a proven track record of developing impactful, multi-sectoral partnerships and collaborations; and the managerial acumen to lead a cross-functional team of leaders to expand VillageReach’s impact and influence. This position will be remote and may be located in one of the African countries where VillageReach has presence (South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Malawi, DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Tanzania, or Liberia) or on the East Coast of the US (NY, MD or DC preferred). This position is not eligible for relocation and candidates must already be qualified to work without the need for sponsorship.
As a member of the executive leadership team at VillageReach, this person will be responsible for developing and operationalizing our strategic goal of being a global leader in advancing scale and sustainability of transformative health care delivery strategies through radical collaboration with governments, social sector partners, philanthropy, and the private sector. Supported by a team of senior leaders and working in close collaboration with our Global Programs teams and country office leadership, this position will refine and implement strategies to ensure that we are improving how products and services are delivered to the most under-reached communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
Partnerships & Impact Strategy
? Lead the strategic direction of the organization’s research, impact, advocacy, partnership, communications and development teams.
? Act as an internal and external champion for VillageReach’s Goals & Strategies, working across teams to ensure that the Goals & Strategies are operationalized, monitored, and that progress is measured and shared.
? Maintain knowledge of emerging trends in gl obal development and health equity and develop strategies to educate staff on those trends.
? Develop overarching partnership, impact, and influence strategies for the organization.
? Develop strategic initiatives and partnerships that expand the visibility and influence of VillageReach’s work and that drive resources towards organizational priorities.
? Ensure that VillageReach’s strategy of using the research and evidence from our solutions to influence global and regional dialogue is effective; resulting in improved access to products and services for the most under-reached
? Work collaboratively with the Programs Team and Solution Owners to evaluate, refine, operationalize and champion VillageReach’s strategy of scale and replication through others.
? Le ad cross-organizational initiatives that support the enabling environment for social innovations to scale through government, including championing tools, practices, and strategies that center government voices and influence donor and partner behavior.
Profil recherché :
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self- directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
• Collaboration & Effective Communication : Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
• Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion : Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self- awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross -cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
• Commitment to Excellence : Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
• Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position directly supervises up to 5 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include inte rviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education & Experience:
? 15+ years of progressive leadership experience in fast-paced, innovative, and responsive social impact organizations. Advanced degree in business administration, public health, public administration, or international development strongly preferred. Consulting firm experience and global management experience through an international NGO or multi-national business strongly preferred.
? Experience leading diverse, cross -disciplinary teams. Ability to foster a creative, professional, and open management culture that empowers staff to fulfill their potential and encourages innovative thinking. Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills and a comfort in a matrixed and global environment. An ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and coach and mentor staff.
Comply with VillageReach’s COVID
-19 vaccination policy.
• Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
• Strong communication skills, experience working with remote or highly-dispersed teams, and a spirit of teamwork are essential to thrive within this structure.
• Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
• Fluency in English required; additional proficiency in French or Portuguese strongly preferred.