Vice President, Partnerships & Impact
Afrique du Sud, Kenya, Mozambique, Malawi, RDC, Côte d'Ivoire, Tanzanie ou Libéria
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 58 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
The Vice President, Partnerships & Impact is responsible for inspiring the organization to develop robust evidence, forge innovative partnerships, increase resource mobilization and critically question our theory of impact. The ideal candidate for this position will be an inspiring, pragmatic, resourceful, and strategic leader who has a strong commitment to driving impact and improving health equity; a deep understanding of the complex policy issues at the regional and global levels impacting the uptake of transformative change in community health systems; a proven track record of developing impactful, multi-sectoral partnerships and collaborations; and the managerial acumen to lead a cross-functional team of leaders to expand VillageReach’s impact and influence. This position will be remote and may be located in one of the African countries where VillageReach has presence (South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Malawi, DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Tanzania, or Liberia) or on the East Coast of the US (NY, MD or DC preferred). This position is not eligible for relocation and candidates must already be qualified to work without the need for sponsorship.
As a member of the executive leadership team at VillageReach, this person will be responsible for developing and operationalizing our strategic goal of being a global leader in advancing scale and sustainability of transformative health care delivery strategies through radical collaboration with governments, social sector partners, philanthropy, and the private sector. Supported by a team of senior leaders and working in close collaboration with our Global Programs teams and country office leadership, this position will refine and implement strategies to ensure that we are improving how products and services are delivered to the most under-reached communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
Partnerships & Impact Strategy
? Lead the strategic direction of the organization’s research, impact, advocacy, partnership, communications and development teams.
? Act as an internal and external champion for VillageReach’s Goals & Strategies, working across teams to ensure that the Goals & Strategies are operationalized, monitored, and that progress is measured and shared.
? Maintain knowledge of emerging trends in global development and health equity and develop strategies to educate staff on those trends.
? Develop overarching partnership, impact, and influence strategies for the organization.
? Develop strategic initiatives and partnerships that expand the visibility and influence of VillageReach’s work and that drive resources towards organizational priorities.
? Ensure that VillageReach’s strategy of using the research and evidence from our solutions to influence global and regional dialogue is effective; resulting in improved access to products and services for the most under-reached
? Work collaboratively with the Programs Team and Solution Owners to evaluate, refine, operationalize and champion VillageReach’s strategy of scale and replication through others.
? Lead cross-organizational initiatives that support the enabling environment for social innovations to scale through government, including championing tools, practices, and strategies that center government voices and influence donor and partner behavior.
Governance & Strategic Representation
? Act as an Officer of the corporation, working with the President, Vice Presidents, and the Board of Directors to ensure the Directors have the information needed to govern and manage the affairs of the organization.
? Lead cross-organizational efforts to steward and build donor and partner relationships.
? Publicly represent VillageReach with partners, the media, and external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations.
? Participate in working groups or collaboratives that drive and support VillageReach priorities and enhance VillageReach’s networks.
? Carry out the duties of this position with a high degree of personal commitment to and modeling of ethical behaviors.
? Act on behalf of the President when requested.
? Support the growth of leaders in Communications, Advocacy & Partnerships, Research, Evidence & Learning, and Development functions within the organization. Ensure that the Partnerships & Impact team is structured to support organizational growth, respond to future trends, and provide high quality technical support to other teams.
? As a member of the Executive Team, collaborate with the President and Vice Presidents to maintain a healthy leadership team, provide clear direction, and support strong decision-making discipline within the organization.
? Create strong cross-team relationships within VillageReach to ensure that the Partnerships & Impact team is working collaboratively with other teams to drive the scale and sustainability of high-impact solutions
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
• Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
• Collaboration & Effective Communication : Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
• Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion : Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
• Commitment to Excellence : Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
• Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position directly supervises up to 5 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education & Experience:
? 15+ years of progressive leadership experience in fast-paced, innovative, and responsive social impact organizations. Advanced degree in business administration, public health, public administration, or international development strongly preferred. Consulting firm experience and global management experience through an international NGO or multi-national business strongly preferred.
? Experience leading diverse, cross-disciplinary teams. Ability to foster a creative, professional, and open management culture that empowers staff to fulfill their potential and encourages innovative thinking. Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills and a comfort in a matrixed and global environment. An ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and coach and mentor staff.
? Demonstrated ability to lead teams to develop, analyze and use evidence to compel and influence change in country, regional or global strategies. Exceptional at distilling complex information into actionable perspectives.
? Experience significantly contributing to business development and fundraising efforts, including building and maintaining key donor relationships, developing investable ideas and concepts, and providing direction and prioritization to business development efforts.
? Experience with strategic communications and advocacy, including coalition building and partnership development.
? Ability and willingness to work in challenging and changing environments, and to see through challenges and find solutions.
• Comply with VillageReach’s COVID-19 vaccination policy.
• Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
• Strong communication skills, experience working with remote or highly-dispersed teams, and a spirit of teamwork are essential to thrive within this structure.
• Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
• Fluency in English required; additional proficiency in French or Portuguese strongly preferred.
This position can be located in one of the African countries where VillageReach has presence (South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Malawi, DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Tanzania, or Liberia) or on the East Coast of the US (NY, MD or DC preferred). Candidates must be already qualified to work in one of these locations.
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our US office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am Pacific time. In addition, our global and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until April 30th.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover to our online portal:
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history
Société : VillageReach
Site Internet :