Présentation entreprise :
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Market Dynamics program is currently recruiting for an officer that is keen to work on PATH’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Specifically, the officer will support the Medical Device Portfolio within the Market Dynamics Program in growing its work increasing safe access to oxygen therapy. The portfolio is leading a project as part of the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This project expands on previous PATH work in respiratory care with the aim to increase access to oxygen and equipment in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The officer will work within PATH’s Programs and Innovation Division at PATH. The individual will work with Market Dynamics team members to define problems, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market failures that restrict access to life-saving products and interventions.
PATH is looking to hire a Market Dynamics Officer in the Democratic Republic of Congo. She/He will be a key contributor to our program’s work on increasing access to key medical devices and will work closely with a strong team of internal and external collaborators. The Market Dynamics team uses data to co-generate policies or interventions that increase equitable access to health products and services. A strong candidate will have a robust understanding of the DRC health system, public policy, economics, and be able to collect, analyze and synthesize data. This project will involve close collaboration with high level government stakeholders, donors like USAID, development banks, firms, and multilateral health organizations such as the WHO and UNICEF. The work is extremely fast paced and requires a dedicated and passionate individual with a positive attitude.
Contexte et mission :
- Serve as a technical lead in DRC for the organization’s market dynamics medical device project.
- Collaborate with the local and global PATH market dynamics teams.
- Conduct baseline device inventories and rapid landscapes for select medical devices and potentially lead implementation of select pilot efforts.
- Use lessons learned to support expansion of the medical system to include other medical devices.
- Support primary market research and market landscape projects for durable medical devices to understand the public and private market dynamics for these products in low- and middle- income countries, specifically DRC.
- Engage suppliers or distributors of medical equipment, negotiate contracts, and understand constraints industry is facing.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of experts in PATH and externally.
Profil recherché :
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Public Policy, Economics, Public Health, or equivalent advanced degree plus minimum five years in market analysis, healthcare management consulting or other relevant private and public sector experience.
- Experience engaging with both public and private sector partners preferred. Knowledge of health systems, medical devices, and/or diagnostics, especially in developing countries or emerging markets a plus. Direct experience working in low- or middle-income countries, specifically DRC, a plus.
- Experience working with health systems as an implementer, researcher, policy professional or businessperson. Experience with medical devices is a plus.
- Solid technical knowledge of market analytics including:
* Building, implementing, and analyzing market research studies and quantitative models to inform global or developing country decision-making, e.g., demand forecasts and impact models.
* Analysis of product development and introduction scenarios to chart pathways for new product introduction.
* Ability to identify key trends from complex and ambiguous datasets.
* Ability to synthesize project findings and translate into programmatic and policy recommendations.
- Strong understanding of the WHO and country-led procurement of health products.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain close and effective relationships with partnering organizations at local, national, and international levels.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning/management and balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but capable also of working independently.
- Versatile and responsive working virtually and collaboratively with teams across the world.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally up to approximately 20% of the time.
- Bilingual French/ English proficiency is strongly preferred.
Must have legal authorization to work in DRC.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
* PATH a pris connaissance d'escroqueries impliquant de fausses offres d’emploi. *
S'il vous plaît donnez votre avis :
- PATH ne demandera jamais de frais à aucune étape du processus de recrutement.
- Tous les emplois actifs sont annoncés directement sur notre page carrière.
- Les e-mails officiels de PATH arriveront toujours à partir d'une adresse @path.org.
Veuillez signaler toute communication suspecte à [email protected]
Veuillez cliquer sur le lien ci-dessous pour soumettre votre candidature : Market Dynamics Officer, Covid Ventilator Distribution project