Présentation entreprise :
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title :
Education Policy Subject Matter Expert, DRC
Department/Location : DRC
Technical Point of Contact : Chief of Party
Type : Consultant
Classification : Consultancy
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Coordination Contract (MECC) Project at IBTCI has been tasked by USAID with conducting an assessment of the GDRC’s free education for all (gratuite) policy. The key stakeholders and the primary audience for the analysis will be USAID/DRC and USAID/Washington. The geographic scope of this assessment is still being determined, but can be assumed to be nationwide. The Subject Matter Expert, DRC should have a strong familiarity with the DRC primary school education system.
The Subject Matter Expert, DRC will work with the Team Leader to design the assessment and data collection tools, conduct interviews and discussions, conduct data analysis, and draft the assessment report. This consultancy is expected to begin immediately with an estimated 60 days of LOE over a four months duration with potential travel to various provinces of the DRC for fieldwork. Congolese candidates are strongly preferred.
Contexte et mission :
Using your expertise and subject matter skills, perform assigned tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
* Provide technical expertise in the assessment and facilitation of presentations related to primary school education policy in the DRC. Activities to include:
- Literature review and methodological study design;
- Tool Development;
- Drafting the Assessment Plan/Inception Report;
- Kick-off meeting with relevant USAID/DRC Staff;
- Data collection;
* Combination of primary and secondary data to include:
- KIIs and FGDs with relevant stakeholders such as local academic institutions, think tanks, CSOs, GDRC officials at national and sub-national levels, USAID/DC, USAID/DRC, IPs, and program beneficiaries.
- Quantitative statistics at school level
- Secondary data, which the consultant team is expected to identify and review.
- Data Analysis;
- Mission-wide out-brief presentation/discussion (Validation of Findings);
* Assist in the drafting of the preliminary and final assessment report, including recommendations and report requirements as listed in the assessment scope of work.
* Contribute to the preparation and facilitation of the presentation of key findings and recommendations to USAID and other selected stakeholders.
* Consultant will be responsible for identifying, contacting and coordinating with key informants.
* Support Team Leader and Assessment Team with translation requirements during interviews/focus groups.
* Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practice of Crisis, Conflict & Governance.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Profil recherché :
- At least 5 years of experience working in the DRC public policy, preferably in an international development context.
- Facilitation experience at community and senior levels.
- Fluent written and oral French and English.
- Must be able and willing to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of an emergency.
- In case of an emergency situation, must be able and willing to “duck and seek cover,” which may require the individual to exit the vehicle, unaided, and hurriedly seek shelter elsewhere, as needed, in the event of a roadside emergency.
Education: Advanced degree in political science; sociology; anthropology; international relations; or, related social science.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of DRC and the Great Lakes Region, particularly Eastern and/or Central DRC.
- Strong understanding of USAID/DRC programming and approaches in DRC.
- Keen understanding of the education landscape and challenges faced at the local and provincial levels.
- Keen understanding of education promotion strategies and community engagement.
- Experience in Eastern and/or Central DRC.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a cross-cultural team.
- Skilled in facilitation and leading large, diverse group discussions.
- Previous experience conducting public policy assessments in the education policy area.
- Robust experience with data collection methodologies including FGDs, KIIs, surveys, etc.
- Ability to contribute analysis and combine field-based research with broader analytical trends and observations.
- Local knowledge across the DRC to support with local travel/security arrangements, organize meetings, rent safe meeting space, and understand the security situation and related procedures.
- Ability to translate key documents, data, and interviews from local languages into French.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of emergency. This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: Position is based in Kinshasa, DRC. Travel to additional provinces in the DRC is possible. International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
How to Apply :
Please apply for this job online at https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2887/job?mobile=false&width=960&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=60&jun1offset=120 by the deadline of April 30th, 2021 Kinshasa Time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.