Présentation entreprise :
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow
Assignment Title :
Data Collector, DRC
Department/Location : Democratic Republic of the Congo
Technical Point of Contact : Chief of Party
Type : Consultant
Classification : Consultancy
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Coordination Contract (MECC) Project at IBTCI has been tasked by USAID with conducting an assessment of the GDRC’s free primary education for all (gratuité) policy. The key stakeholders and the primary audience for the analysis will be USAID/DRC and USAID/Washington. The geographic scope of this assessment is still to be determined, but is assumed to be national.
The Data Collector will be an extension of the Kinshasa-based Assessment team. This individual will collect data on-the-ground in her/his province of residence and/or neighboring provinces. This consultancy is expected to begin immediately with an estimated 15 days of LOE over a one-month period of performance .
Contexte et mission :
Using your expertise and subject matter skills, perform assigned tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work :
- Identify and contact potential key informants.
- Data Collection through Key Informant Interviews (KIIs) and Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) with relevant stakeholders such as local academic institutions, school administrators, parents of students, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Government of DRC officials at national and sub-national levels, Implementing Partners, and program beneficiaries.
- Submit data collected in the designated format assigned by IBTCI.
- Submit translated transcripts of conducted KIIs and FGDs to IBTCI in French.
- Inform IBTCI of any logistical or procedural issues that may impair or impact data collection.
- Coordinate data collection logistics, including scheduling interviews, booking transportation, securing venues for interviews if necessary, obtaining recording devices and other equipment, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practice of Crisis, Conflict & Governance.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Profil recherché :
Minimum Requirements :
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with data collection or community-wide polling.
- Knowledge of the primary education sector and key stakeholders in his/her province of residence.
- Experience collecting data in the field, including qualitative data collection.
- Fluent written and oral French.
- Fluent in at least the national language spoken in the province of residence, and preferably in other spoken local languages as well.
Education : Bachelor's degree in education; public policy; political science; sociology; anthropology; or, related social science; Master's degree preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of DRC and the Great Lakes Region, specifically at least one of the provinces.
- Understanding of USAID/DRC programming and approaches in DRC.
- Skilled in interviewing and leading large diverse group discussions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with data collection methodologies including FGDs, KIIs, surveys, etc.
- Proficient in written and oral English.
Supervisory Responsibilities : This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to be mobile and agile at a moment's notice in case of emergency. This is largely a sedentary position that requires the abilitiy to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs. In case of an emergency situation, must be able and willing to "duck and seek cover", which may require the individual to exit the vehicle, unaided, and hurriedly seek shelter elsewhere, as needed, in the event of a roadside emergency.
Travel : In-country/provincial travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
How to Apply :
Please apply for this job online at https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2888/data-collector%2c-drc/job?mode=view and please send a copy of updated CV along with 3 contact persons in pdf or Word format to [email protected] (specify the job title in the subject) by the deadline of April 30th, 2021 Kinshasa Time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.