Contexte et mission :
- Provide leadership in the administration of the Station including supervision all support service staff responsible for human resources, finance, IT/Computer, travel services/protocol. procurement. stores and shipping. general operations, facilities management, equipment and vehicles, safety and security.
- Implement and ensure compliance with IITA policies and procedures, and host government lays and regulations. while pros iding guidance and advisory support to station such matters.
- Revise, recommend and implement methods and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the administrative functions
- Assist the Head of the Station in liaising with the government agencies and offices as may be requested from time to time.
- Directly liaise with Kinshasa Office on protocol and other matters that are relevant to IITA's operations
- Assist the Head of the Station to administer agreements undertaken with hosted institutions and partners.
- Prepare, manage and monitor the station's operating and capital budgets.
- Assist scientists and program staff in the preparation and monitoring of their projects' budgets
- Manage day to day financial responsibilities such as preparation and authorization of purchase requests, expenses, and travel reimbursement requests
- Manage the station's cost recovery system
- Authorize allocation of charges to approved budgets on a regular basis.
- Participate in updating HR policies, guidelines and manuals
Oversee all personnel related matters including recruitment, induction, compensation, welfare, medical and accident insurance, health & safety
Profil recherché :
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or another related field. Master's degree in a related field is an advantage.
- At least 5 years progressively responsible professional-level administrative or financial experience in international organizations.
- Experience with Oracle accounting systems, previous supervisory and project management experience preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of the DRC labour laws.
- Extensive related experience in supervisory or administrative work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both French and English
- Excellent team building and employee development skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines required
- Be organized, proactive, committed and service minded
- Ability to prioritize workload, use initiative and work independently
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel
Capacity to engage constructively and respectfully with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. abilities and gender.