Program Manager, COVID19 High Volume Site Operations
Title: Program Manager, COVID19 High Volume Site Operations
Closing date: 22 October 2021
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most underreached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 46 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
VillageReach will be supporting the government of DRC in establishing a high-volume COVID-19 vaccination site in Kinshasa. The Program Manager, COVID-19 High Volume Site Operations will be responsible for providing manager-level technical and operational advice on-site at the COVID-19 High Volume Site. The individual will serve as a lead operations advisor, providing assistance to site leadership to ensure high-quality project management, oversight, and advice, including mobilization of COVID-19 vaccine site staff to support government’s goal of high vaccination rates and ensure service is patient-centered in Kinshasa. This individual should have a strong background of field experience and technical expertise in the realm of clinical operations, or events management. S/he will oversee human resource development and training of all personnel working at the high volume site. S/he will develop, promote, and implement policies, guidelines, and operating procedures to ensure on-site operations are respectful, safe, and successfully vaccinate large numbers of people each day.
S/he should be familiar with running clinical sites, and have experience in program implementation, logistics, and monitoring and evaluation. This position reports to the Site Operations Director and the Country Lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Provides support to project lead in the design, set-up, and running of COVID-19 vaccine site.
- Develops training materials for all site staff, including daily checklists that result in smooth functioning of site operations.
- Develops specific points of contact roles for each station in the COVID-19 vaccine site workflow, ensuring that each point of contact role is leading daily just-in-time training for site staff.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical and operational components on-site.
- Monitors site planning progress and execution, keeps track of operations details, and documents key data points.
- Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global HVS strategy and delivers on safety and quality standards.
- Contributes to site process improvement planning and making recommendations to site leadership.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of site operations, based on feedback from research and observation teams involved in the work.
- Maintains situational awareness of current COVID-19 safety guidelines and requirements in-country, and internal and external resources available for vaccine site operations.
- Works with other on-site staff to ensure that site has adequate staff and supplies and meets community needs in a way that fosters trust between the community and the government.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with relevant government officials and other partners whose involvement and support is crucial to successfully execution of site operations.
- Serves as a member of the site’s Incidence Command Center team.
- Escalates issues when additional support is needed without delay in raising issues so that it can be addressed immediately.
- Understands the structure, operations, human resources and finances of site operations and the complexities of their interdependencies, and uses this information to ensure success of site operations.
- Scans an ever-changing, complex environment in anticipation of emerging crises and opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health or related area desirable but not required. Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the duties described will be considered.
- At least 5 years of experience designing and providing technical assistance in health programs and particularly vaccine delivery systems in low resource settings.
- Proficient computer and typing skills including advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite; specifically: Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bi- or multi-lingual proficiency or fluency in French and English.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and practice flexibility to adapt to changing tasks, work environments, or schedules.
- Strong communication and people-management skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex
- information to different audiences with varying levels of background knowledge.
- Comfortable delegating tasks and directing the work of others.
- Demonstrated good judgment and comfort in making independent decisions, while also understanding limitations
- and knowing when to ask for additional support.
- Skill and experience in strategic thinking, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation.
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our Seattle office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am. In addition, our global HQ and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: https://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent.
We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history.
Société : VillageReach
Site Internet :