Procurement and Grants Officer
Job Description: Procurement & Grants Manager
Position Title: Procurement and GrantsManager
Department: Finances & Operations
Supervisor Title: Finance & Operation Director
Office Location: Kinshasa
Starting date: Immediate
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Finances and Operations Department, contributes to realizing this purpose by:
The Procurement and GrantsManagerprovides support onProcurement and Grants management and administration to achieve project goals, working with partner organizations of all levels. S/he provides overall facilitation and support for all aspects related to management of subgrants. This requires close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure compliance with Pact and funder guidelines.
The procurement and Grants Manager will also supervise the logistics and procurement function.
- Conduct initial review of solicitations by interpreting regulations, clarifying compliance issues, and identifying possible business risks.
- Perform due diligence on potential Pact partners including vetting parties for terrorism and debarment.
- Review and negotiate prime award including evaluation of terms
- Manage prime award records including assigning project numbers, performing initial award entry and modifications.
- Maintain and update frequently the matrix for each contract
- Coordinate with Finance Department to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Develop subgrant documents in compliance with funder requirements, using Pact standard templates and working closely with Pact HQ Agreement Management team to execute quality subawards.
- Administer the full cycle of subaward management activities, from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
- Utilize Pact’s subaward management system (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic NAV) for subaward issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact policy.
- Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with partners.
- Ensure that office systems for grants administration are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact headquarters or the funder as required.
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Work with the Program Technical team to ensure project implementation in compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure full and accurate documentation availability in file, both hard and soft copies .
- Supervise the function of Logistics and Procurement
- Provide effective performance management, mentoring, and coaching for staff under his/her direct supervision.
- Provide operational cost share management when applicable.
- Provide training, as required, related to areas of his/her expertise and country office needs.
- Contribute to the global Grants Management Community of Practice to share best practices and lessons learned on Pact’s intranet “Mosaic.”
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BSc and at least 5 years of relevant experience (or equivalent)
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award
- Experience drafting and managing subawards
- Knowledge of USAID and other funders’ rules and regulations related to subgrants, compliance, and cost principles
- Experience on supervision role;
- Fluency in French and in English
- Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build full range of capacities for grant management
Skills and Abilities:
- Consistently works within internal process and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Exceptional planning and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of budgets
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, and an updated CV with three reference persons and their contacts RecruitmentDRC@pactworld.org
Do not send other documents. They will be requested if necessary. Applications must be submitted by 15 March 2019 at 17H00 The subject of your application should be: Procurement and Grants Manager .
Société : PACT
Site Internet :
Email : RecruitmentDRC@pactworld.org