Operations and Finance Manager
Goma (Nord Kivu)
Operations and Finance Manager basé à Goma, Nord-Kivu en RD Congo
Contrat à durée déterminée de 12 mois
Salaire annuel brut : 49.370 – 54.148 USD par an (Bande ) Date de clôture : 14 Juillet 2020 à 16h00 (heure de Goma)
Date interview : 22 Juillet 2020
At Christian Aid we have a vision of a better world, free from poverty, and we are investing in fundraising with a long-term strategy that will enable us to have an even greater impact.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated person for the position of Operations and Finance Manager for our office in Goma/North Kivu Province/DR Congo
About the role
As a key member of the Senior Management Team, to support the country program through responsibility for operational and financial strategy, planning, financial stewardship and control, and enhancing organization-wide business improvement. The post holder will provide a wide range of business support, financial analysis and information to the SMT and Program-Finance Task Force to guide strategic decision-making and day-to-day operations. The post holder will support the professional development of finance, logistics and security staff within the DRC country program, as well as lead on People function building a motivated and professional team.
The Operations and Finance Manager will oversee procurement processes and strategic service contracts to ensure procedural compliance and quality service delivery and will have overall responsibility for country program financial management and compliance to CA policies. The post holder will demonstrate advanced competencies in mastering donor contracts, regulations, and policies. The post holder will provide inspired leadership in the area of operational excellence encompassing finance, logistics, People, security and the delivery of CA DRC’s strategy.
Main job tasks :
- Christian Aid DRC is provided with a level of business support, operations management, financial analysis and People information which will inform and guide strategic and operational decision making in the short-term, mid-term, and long-term with a focus on delivering on the country strategy and ensuring a demonstrated alignment to the global strategy.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Internal controls are robust and safeguard Christian Aid DRC’s assets. Policies and procedures are regularly updated to reflect changing business needs and emerging best practice in line with CA’s policy framework. Investigations into misuse or misapplication of funds are performed with due sensitivity to reputational, security and legal concerns.
- Provides strategic advice and recommendations to the SMT in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices, and procedures.
- Statutory, legislative and other financial reporting requirements are complied with to preserve Christian Aid DRC’s reputation for timely and transparent accountability. Restricted funds, contract income and other funds with donor-stipulations are managed in line with donor expectations and in collaboration with program teams.
- On-going relationships with Christian Aid DRC’s bankers, auditors and investment managers are managed with a high degree of strategic insight and integrity.
- Appropriate financial systems support the business needs and provide assurance of a strong control environment within the country program and within partner organizations on active CA contracts.
- Analyzes, designs, documents, and implements internal reporting systems and procedures for the organization within specified functional area of operation, as applicable to the specified functional area of focus giving programs and administration teams clarity through period udpates.
- In the areas of treasury management, ensures an appropriate balance between risk and return in the management of cash and other liquid assets and delivers grant-making to partners that optimises foreign currency translations.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements training programs for personnel within the organization and its partners regarding the nature and application operating policies and procedures
- Supports the effective delivery of CA DRC’s partnership model and ensures that risks and opportunities are adequately managed to bring partner delivery to international standards.
- The CA DRC’s operations and finance team contributes (through participation, research and leadership) to a range of organizational initiatives including accountability and transparency, value for money, agility, people, and project functionality
- Manages and provides day-to-day leadership to various technical, professional, and/or administrative personnel (Finance Officer, IT Officer, Security & Logistics Officer) engaged in financial management, program delivery, logistics and security management.
- Champions digital transformation and supports the IT Officer in delivering digital solutions that enhance MEAL processes and the delivery of quality programs for CA and partners.
- May represent the organization to governmental agencies, funding agencies, national organizations, and the general public; may represent the Country Manager at various community and business meetings, as assigned.
- Supports the establishment of quality logistics services that respond to the operational needs of CA DRC and its partners in complex emergency and development operations.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Oversees budgeting, planning, reporting and audit.
- Build strong alliances and partnerships
About you :
- At least a licence/Bachelor’s Degree in Finance , with a proven track record of success in similar role
- Member of a recognised professional accounting body such as ACCA or CPA, and/or post graduate finance qualification.
- At least 3 years’ experience leading operations at a senior level.
- Experience of managing and motivating colleagues within a large finance and operations team.
- Experience of statutory reporting, preferably in the not for profit sector.
- Experience of strategic planning, budgeting and developing successful models of management reporting.
- Ability to build respect for the value adding nature of financial information.
- Knowledge of VAT, tax and trading issues.
- Knowledge of complex accounting systems.
- Ability to explain complex financial issues to non-financial staff.
- Experience with a wide array of support services to program teams including safety and security and logistics.
- Proven experience in supporting the quality delivery of large institutional donor grants including EU, ECHO, DFID among others.
- Experience with financial management and operations support to humanitarian programs in complex emergencies, preferably in the DRC.
- Familiarity with logistics in emergencies
- Familiarity NGO safety and security
- Diplôme de maîtrise/Masters in Finance
- Experience of financial management in the humanitarian and development sector.
- Experience managing teams remotely.
- Experience of the legislative environment of UK charities.
- Experience of foreign exchange /treasury management.
- Knowledge of development and humanitarian issues.
- Heightened environmental and socio-cultural awareness
Application is by submission of a CV with supporting statement. Please ensure you address the competency requirements in your supporting statement. These can be found in the role profile.
To apply please follow the link below :
- Internal candidates : https://jobs.christianaid.org.uk/intranet/vacancy/operations-and-finance-manager-2924/2942/description/
- External candidates : https://jobs.christianaid.org.uk/vacancy/operations-and-finance-manager-2924/2942/description/
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged
Pour Christian Aid/RDC,
Acting Country Manager
Société : Christian-aid
Site Internet :