Human Resources and Administration Manager
Lubumbashi (Haut Katanga)
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Reports To (Title):
Director, Administration and Finance
Lubumbashi, Haut Katanga, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Working under the guidance and direction of the Director of Administration and Finance, the Human Resources and Administration Manager will provide oversight human resources and administrative functions of ICAP in Democratic Republic of the Congo ensuring compliance with ICAP Standard Operating Procedures as well as DR Congo Labor laws.
- Ensures ICAP in DR Congo Local Hire Manual is consistently updated and approved by the ICAP Human Resources Director to ensure compliance with local labor laws and practices, “best practices” within the human resources field and alignment with ICAP SOPs; Conducts annual review and development of HR-related policies and procedures that align with DR Congo labor laws and practices, represent competitive practices in the Human Resources field and are consistent and compliant with ICAP Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); initiates and executes and legally binding document in compliance with policies and procedures and ensures their implementation thereof.
- Actively participates in the full-cycle recruitment for all office vacancies, which includes supporting managers in the writing and updating of job descriptions, placing job advertisements, screening and interviewing qualified candidates, conducting Visual Compliance searches and references checks and extending employment offers.
- Ensures that all new hires are on boarded appropriately and given access to ICAP policies and procedures.
- Supports managers on the orientation of new employees.
- Monitors and ensures timely submission of the employee tracking time off form on a monthly basis
- Provides guidance to employees and managers on leave management
- Monitors all employment contracts to ensure that they remain compliant with the relevant employment agreement and are renewed or terminated on time.
- Provides clear, consistent, ethical and legally-accurate advice to senior management and staff on all aspects of HR where requested, and/or where specific risks are identified.
- Ensures that the ICAP senior management is kept abreast with current labor trends.
- Leads preparation of monthly payroll data in collaboration with finance department.
- Coordinates the administration of benefits by working closely with the insurance company to enroll new staff, update staff list with either joiners or leavers, issuance of medical cards
- Liaises with the Ministry of Labor as needed on issues of compliance with local laws.
- Acts as the lead in-country promoter of ICAP’s professional development initiatives including both in-person and online learning opportunities, as well as addressing staff welfare and disciplinary issues.
- Implements and administers the annual performance appraisal process including setting up regular performance assessment schedules, follows up with managers and supervisors to ensure the timely completion of the annual and intermittent performance evaluations according to HR policies that ensure the timely completion of performance evaluations.
- Provides guidance and training to managers on the performance review process and conflict management/resolutions and documentation of relevant work issues.
- Creates, updates and maintains all HR-related tools and forms to ensure compliance with ICAP’s SOPs and Local Labor laws and operational requirements
- Administers employee compensation, pension scheme, and medical aid programs.
- Collaborates with the Country Director and Director of Administration and Finance to conduct compensation reviews, which entail salary survey data submissions and/or analysis of national inflation rates.
- Develops salary adjustment proposals for SMT review and ICAP Human Resources Director’s approval.
- Assist the Director of Administration and Finance in negotiating and preparation of contracts/service agreements as per ICAP SOPs.
- Coordinates and processes monthly submission of time and effort reports, staff time sheets, and updated staff contact lists. Follows up with respective managers to obtain missing information.
- Supervise the provincial administrative assistants and drivers to ensure proper recording and updating of assets in the inventory log and insurance of assets as well as management of office stationery and vehicles.
- Liaise with project leads to ensure efficient use and security of resources allocated to staff e.g. equipment, telephone usage.
- Perform periodic assessments necessary to ensure that the organization provides a healthy and safe environment for all employees including the surveys teams.
- Maintain a conducive office-working environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in HR management or related field from a recognized university.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in human resources and administration management preferable in NGOs.
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and legal policies.
- Ability to communicate with clarity to diverse audiences in writing and verbally.
- Computer literate with preferable skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal and team building skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning organization files
- Ability to function independently; results-oriented; detail oriented
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, good attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and work as part of a team
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very organized and effective time and task management skills
- Flexible, honest and trustworthy with sound work ethic
- No Travel Requirements
To apply to this position before end of November 18, 2021, candidates are requested to click on the link https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/495819/human-resources-and-administration-manager
Société : ICAP
Site Internet :