Avis de vacance de Post
Fixed-term contract (CDD), 12 months, renewable
War Child Canada (WCC), a Canadian charity based in Toronto, Canada, that provides humanitarian assistance to war-affected children and youth, is recruiting a qualified Finance Manager.
Founded in 1999, War Child Canada provides urgently needed humanitarian assistance to war-affected communities around the world. Working in collaboration with local partners and communities, War Child's international projects strive to alleviate human suffering and create opportunities in conflict and post-conflict communities through targeted capacity building. War Child Canada has considerable experience in the education sector and in child and youth protection in complex humanitarian emergencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement policies for finance and accounting departments
- Verify systems and processes in place and make changes whenever necessary
- Oversee payroll and leave requests
- Manage, direct, and control daily processes
- Provide adequate support to finance and accounting teams
- Manage all data collected by the finance and accounting departments
- Adjust protocols or policies to maximize efficiency
- Assure the strict following of each donor budget requirement
- Elaborate, supervise, and validate budgets
- Prepare financial reports and forecasts
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of Bac+5 in finance or accounting
- 10 years of experience with accounting, budgeting, auditing, financial planning, and related tasks.
- Experience managing the same post for an international NGO a plus
- Proven experience leading a team and collaborating with other services
- Excellent organizational skills
- Expert knowledge in finance and accounting procedures and regulations
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written in English and French
- Exceptional reporting skills
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- 3 Professional references including your last direct supervisor
War Child Canada is committed to creating a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Final candidates will be screened in accordance with War Child Canada's Child Protection Policy, including appropriate references and security checks.
Interested candidates should send their application to the following address: [email protected], with a copy to: [email protected], indicating the position number in the subject line, no later than December 20, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. (Kinshasa time).
NB: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Done in Kinshasa 3 December 2021
War Child Canada/DRC
Société : War Child Canada (WCC)
Site Internet :