Associate, Grants and Contracts
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 58 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
The Associate, Grants and Contracts is a key team member responsible for keeping VillageReach in compliance and consistently administering awards across one’s portfolio. The Associate works integrally between the finance, programmatic, and business development teams to support budget strategy for new opportunities and support the successful management of grants and contracts within a defined grant portfolio. The Associate will regularly monitor spending and compliance through contracting, budgeting, and reforecasting of existing and new awards. Specifically, the Associate will be fluent in VillageReach’s policies and procedures as well as those of our funders to ensure appropriate stewardship of complex funding streams. This role’s central focus is VillageReach’s francophone portfolio of DRC and Côte d’Ivoire awards, contracts, and new business development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Independently monitor financial compliance and prepare financial data for Award Managers through regular financial review on a complex set of awards. Award administration includes flagging compliance issues, supporting labor levelling, award financial reporting, and budgeting for future fiscal years. Managing internal relationships with those responsible for programmatic goals.
- Advise on contracting language and be a source of knowledge for best practices in contracting. Lead the drafting and execution of agreements, modifications, and contracts within the guidelines of VillageReach’s procurement policy.
- Partner with finance department to ensure accurate invoicing and grant reporting, improve financial data visualization, and support forecasting and wire transfer requests.
- Primary point of accountability for system and data accuracy of budgeting software, CRM award management system and contract management system.
- Lead and execute budgeting strategy for new business development within dynamic portfolio of solutions and implementation locations.
- Partner with the Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management in supporting strategic initiatives that improve the functioning of the Grants & Contracts team, including systems monitoring, SOP development, dashboard and financial software upgrades, and decentralization efforts.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
• Personal Motivation and Drive : Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
• Collaboration & Effective Communication : Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
• Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion : Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
• Commitment to Excellence : Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
• Solution Orientation & Innovation : Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
• Fluency in English and French; both written and verbal
• At least five years of professional experience with at least two of those managing grant finances and compliance; public sector grants a plus
• Demonstrated financial management skills within the non-profit sector
• Experience with financial reporting
• Demonstrated familiarity with contract language and grant cost policy adherence
• USAID experience preferred but not essential
• Comply with VillageReach’s COVID-19 vaccination policy.
• Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
• Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
• Advanced skills in Excel
• Operationally-minded with strong attention to detail
• Familiarity with budgeting software, data visualization software, and CRM platforms
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our Seattle office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am. In addition, our global HQ and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm. The majority of the work is spent sitting. There are no additional physical or environmental demands for this job.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until May 1, 2022 . To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter [plus any other desired materials] to our online portal: https://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history
Société : VillageReach
Site Internet :