Terms of Reference (TOR): Technical Consultant
The consultant will take a structured approach to capacity development for ANICiiS and support the coordination of activities geared towards the use of digital platforms, including MNO capabilities and data to support disease surveillance in DRC with an initial focus on Covid-19. In the longer term, the consultant will support ANICiiS to develop a framework on how digital technology and MNO capabilities and partnerships can be incorporated into self-maintaining institutional arrangements that will play a key role in enabling DRC to be digitally ready in terms of epidemic preparedness and response.
1. Strategy & Organizational capacity support to ANICiiS
- Undertake organizational capacity self-assessment for ANICiiS to identify knowledge and capacity gaps and subsequently developing short, medium and long-term capacity-building action plans.
- Incorporate proven capacity development mechanisms such as coaching, mentoring, on-the-job training, or co-creation of strategies, models, processes, and/or tools to strengthen ANICiiS capacity in selected areas.
- With the support of DIAL, develop a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) development of M&E framework and indicator matrices in collaboration with ANICiiS to track progress and monitor impact of project initiatives
- Support ANICiiS efforts to build the pace and visibility of the unit’s work and generate awareness and interest in and demand for its offerings within MOH and with external partners.
2. Technical and project management support around use of MNO data analytics
- Work with key implementing partners to understand data needs, and what kind of analytical data is necessary from MOH and support implementing partners to access essential data sets.
- Support ANICiiS to make sense of/analyze all the incoming data from MNOs and support the unit ANICiiS to make the insights usable by Covid-19 taskforce and MOH
- Identify applications for the use of new datasets produced by the project beyond Covid-19 and build awareness amongst other infectious diseases units of MOH.
- Provide support to ANICiiS in doing statistical analysis
- Work with collaborating technical partners to coordinate the integration of FlowKit Flowkit into the DHIS2 open software database used by Ministry of Health.
- Support ANICiiS to negotiate data sharing opportunities with in-country stakeholders where there is opportunity.
- Improve the quality of statistical analyses from ANICiiS and achieve some quick policy wins for ANICiiS.
- Definition of technical joint requirements and delivery blueprint for integration of MNO data analytics into nation-wide disease surveillance platform
- Facilitate the development, review and signing of data sharing agreements/amendments with MNOs and other digital data holders with MOH
3. Establish/support an effective cross-sectoral& multi-stakeholder digital engagement coordination platform.
- Conduct and document stakeholder mapping of digital health initiatives and partners in DRC
- Supporting linkages between ANICiiS and MOH with wider digital health ecosystem in DRC
- Facilitation of a cross-sector partnership model with MNOs, selected NGOs and Government to ensure long term sustainability for the use of MNO capabilities and data
- Work with ANICiiS to design and establishan institutional and coordination framework for digital health initiatives and partners in DRC which may include but not limited to: working group, technical committee, online database, annual convening etc.
- Translate project materials and documents from English to French and vice versa.
- Develop and circulate documentation on meetings and key stakeholder engagements and share these with key implementing partners.
- Prepare and circulate monthly progress reports with PATH , DIAL and ANICiiS.
- Prepare a project summary report at the end of contract term.
Deadline for submission of files: July 13, 2020
Submission address: [email protected]
Société : PATH
Site Internet :
Email : [email protected]