Senior Learning Officer
Senior Learning Officer
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Senior Learning Officer
Reports To: Learning Specialist
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position
MECC is a five-year contract implemented by IBTCI to provide monitoring, evaluation, analytic, coordination, and research services to the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), and the USAID/DFID joint education program (ACCELERE!). It is intended to support Mission-wide objectives and provide analytical tools and services that allow the Mission to undertake performance management that will guide them in the full implementation of the CDCS PMP and ACCELERE! results framework. MECC services include performance monitoring, support to the Mission’s Learning Agenda, coordination among stakeholders at the provincial level, and M&E capacity building for Mission staff, IPs, and other relevant stakeholders. The Senior Learning Officer will support the Learning Team and MECC’s activities related to Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) and capacity building, in Kinshasa and other select field locations. Local candidates are strongly preferred. Must be authorized to work in the DRC.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with USAID/Mission staff and MECC Learning Specialist to identify CLA priorities and plan and develop relevant activities;
- Leading the delivery of the above-mentioned activities, such as learning events, trainings, workshops and other meetings with USAID and implementing partners in Kinshasa and selected field locations;
- Leading the design and development of training, workshop, and meeting materials;
- Writing reports related to MECC's trainings and CLA activities including - but not limited to- training reports, event reports, and quarterly and annual reports;
- Leading coordination and communication with MECC's training subcontractor to ensure timely completion of all training activities and deliverables;
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least five years' work experience in strategic learning, knowledge management, organizational development, communications, and/or M&E required, preferably in an international development context;
- Oral and written fluency in English and French speaking skills are required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with diverse stakeholders;
- Skilled facilitation of groups, meetings, and events;
- Knowledge of USAID M&E principles and processes;
- Knowledge of USAID CLA framework and approach;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both French and English;
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities over certain learning activities and deliverables. This position may also have supervisory responsibilities over other learning personnel in the future.
Travel: International and provincial travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
How To Apply:
Please apply for this job online at https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2822/senior-learning-officer/job?mobile=false&width=960&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=60&jun1offset=120 and please send a copy of updated CV along with 3 contact persons in pdf or Word format to [email protected] (specify the job title in the subject) by the deadline of February 12th, 2021 Kinshasa Time.
Please note this statement of work is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
Société : IBTCI
Site Internet :
Email : [email protected]