Présentation entreprise :
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: Provincial Data Collection Supervisor, DRC
Department/Location: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Technical Point of Contact: Chief of Party
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Coordination Contract (MECC) Project at IBTCI has been tasked by USAID with conducting an assessment of the GDRC’s free primary education for all (Gratuité) policy. The key stakeholders and the primary audience for the analysis will be USAID/DRC and USAID/Washington. The geographic scope of this assessment is still to be determined, but is assumed to be national.
Supervisors for data collection will be recruited in each administrative province of DRC. The Supervisor will work under the direction of the evaluation team based in Kinshasa. The position will supervise the data collection in the field in the province where s/he resides or in a neighboring province.
This consultancy is expected to start immediately with an estimated 15 days of LOE over the course of a three-month period of performance. There will be potential travel to various territories within the province for field work. Candidates will be recruited from the provinces in which they reside.
Contexte et mission :
Using your expertise and subject matter skills, perform assigned tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Oversee and provide quality control of local data collector’s work and findings.
- Assist local data collector’s in liaising with stakeholders such as local academic institutions, school administrators, parents of students, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), DRC government officials at provincial and local levels, implementing partners, and program beneficiaries.
- Ensure data submitted to IBTCI is the correct format, is complete and free from errors.
- Inform IBTCI of any logistical or procedure issues that could hinder or affect the data collection.
- Oversee the logistics of data collection, including scheduling interviews, reserving transportation, securing venue space for interviews if necessary, obtaining recording devices and other equipment, if necessary.
- Other tasks according to need.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practice of Crisis, Conflict & Governance.
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Profil recherché :
- At least 4 to 5 years of experience in data collection or community studies.
- Knowledge of the primary education sector and principle stakeholders in the province of residence.
- Experience with data collection in the field, including qualitative data.
- Fluent in written and spoken French.
- Fluent in at least one national language spoken in the province of residence, and additional local languages preferred.
Education: Graduate degree in political science, sociology, anthropology, international relations or other related field in social sciences.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of DRC and the Great Lakes region, in particular at least one province.
- Familiarity with programming and approaches of USAID/DRC in DRC.
- Ability to conduct interviews and direct large and diverse group discussions.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Experience in data collection methods, including FGDs, KIIs, surveys, etc.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team.
- Skilled in facilitation and conducting discussions within large and diverse groups.
- Knowledge of the local context to help organize travel and security, organize meetings, rent secure meeting spaces and monitor developments in the security situation and related procedures.
- Ability to translate documents, data and key interviews from local language to French.
- Working knowledge of English.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to be mobile and agile at moment’s notice in case of emergency. This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs. In case of an emergency situation, must be able and willing to “duck and seek cover”, which may require the individual to exit the vehicle, unaided, and hurriedly seek shelter elsewhere, as needed, in the event of a roadside emergency.
Travel: International and In-country/provincial travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
How to Apply:
Please apply for this job online and send a copy of updated CV along with three contact persons under pdf or Word format at https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2986/provincial-data-collection-supervisor%2c-drc/job with a copy to [email protected] (specify the job title in the subject) by the deadline of June 25th, 2021 .
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).