Programme Cluster Lead
PROGRAMME CLUSTER LEAD
No Offre: HR/EZO/001/FY22
Concerned: World Vision staff only
Work Location : Kolwezi
The role of the Program Cluster Lead is to provide overall leadership and management for the Cluster Programme, in accordance with relevant strategies (including national strategy and technical approaches), policies (including DME Policy, Child Protection Policy, Sponsorship Policy, HEA Policy and standards (including DPA, LEAP). This includes managing a team of up to 20 staffs (with usually 6-8 as direct reports) and a budget of up to $4,000,000, and overseeing the sector projects that have been selected for that particular Cluster. This also involves external relationships with local government, communities and funding offices.
- Facilitate a working environment of mutual trust, respect, and care among all staff. Encourage effective teamwork, with staff members supporting each other.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings to ensure issues are raised and addressed and to encourage reflection on ADP progress and learning for improvement
- Ensure P+C documentation is completed to a high standard including PRFs, PAFs, Annual Performance Plans, Mid-Year Performance Reviews, Annual Performance Reviews, and Learning and Development plans.
- Take responsible for building the capacity of programme staff, enhancing their commitment, character, competence, and critical thinking; work with direct reports to develop and implement personal capacity building plans, identifying specific capacity gaps and appropriate development opportunities; provide coaching to direct reports to enhance their capacity.
Local Relationships and Local Level Advocacy
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at the cluster level, including government, other NGOs and churches.
- Act as the primary focal point for government relations in the cluster, with the cluster Administrator and other key government agencies. Maintain strong and open relationships with government entities to ensure their support for WV’s projects.
- Develop a good understanding of cluster development plans to ensure that WV’s plans are aligned with, and complementing, government plans.
- Communicate WV’s approaches to government and other stakeholders such that they can become a partner with WV rather than viewing WV as a donor.
- Prepare and submit key information and reports to government to ensure they are kept up to date with WV’s project works.
- Build alliances with other organizations who have a focus on the well-being of children, which can then work together with WV to increase impact. Ensure these retain a focus on the most vulnerable children.
- Develop advocacy partnerships with other like-minded organizations, seeking to influence policy development and application in the best interests of children.
- Facilitating assessments, design/ redesign of Technical Program (TP) measurements, and evaluation exercises for quality assurance;
- Facilitating program design/redesign (TP) to focus on cluster approach;
- Facilitating Technical program on basis of the technical approaches for implementation within the cluster;
- Facilitating review, assessment and evaluation of program team at Cluster level and provide effective feedback to NO regards to the implementation of the recommendations from the studies;
- Ensuring quality and timely monthly, quarterly, bi–annual and annual projects/programs narrative together with annual budget, Area Plans and facilitate program/project monthly funding and review financial reports; and
- Ensuring that both Evaluation and Audit (Finance and Operations) recommendations are timely responded to, fully implemented and progress is reported quarterly.
- Working with community to identify economic potentials available within the community and how to utilize them;
- Creatively preparing Grant and PNS proposals that relate to rural livelihood to provide sustainable economic development platform for achieving CWBO;
- Translating the available economic potentials to improve household income within the cluster;
- Working with the community to address the challenges which can turn into great opportunities;
- Promoting and come up with new innovation and simple technologies that will address some of the challenges;
- Connecting value chain producer groups with markets within the cluster;
- Ensure that annual budgets are prepared and submitted on time
- Monitor funding commitments and spending against budget, ensuring that good stewardship of financial resources is being practiced and that spending is on target with project plans.
- Review monthly financial reports and prepare monthly variance explanations to ensure variances from targets are understood.
- Lead the preparation of mid-year budget revisions to adjust for learnings in the first half of the year.
- Ensure that WV financial policies are followed at all times, and that management action is taken when staff do not follow policies.
- Prepare management responses to audits and take follow up action to ensure audit issues are closed within the necessary deadlines.
- Prepare and submit regular reports to the Zonal office and National Office, compiling reports from other departments of the District team. Specifically these include Monthly Management Report, 6-monthly Programme Report, Annual Programme Report
- Prepare and submit reports to local government as requested or as needed by government offices.
- Ensure that there is a good flow of information between Cluster , Zonal office and National Office such that issues are identified and reported on before they become difficult to manage.
- Monitor local context and report on how changes in context may affect programme activities. This includes changes in the security environment.
- Provide coaching and feedback to staff to improve the quality of reports that are prepared.
Support Office Relationships
- Build effective relationships with Support Offices. Respond to queries and requests for information and stories in a timely manner. Ensure a good flow of information between Cluster projects and Support Offices such that they continue to see WV DRC as an effective partner.
- Host visits from Support Office staff and Sponsors; ensure they have a good understanding of WV’s work in the ADP, the challenges and the successes.
- Communicate World Vision's Christian values and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, World Vision reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when necessary
Attend and lead weekly devotions
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required : Bachelor Degree in Economics, Agriculture, Health & Nutrition, Education or other related Social Science field
Experience : 5 - 7 years in program/project leadership at Managerial level,
Preferred: Preferred : Experience in WV programming in one or all the Technical Programs
Technical Skills & Abilities :
- Computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability in supervision
- Able to contextualize development models in an innovative way
- Have a ‘can do’ mindset and ability to work with a team to figure out the ‘how’
- Be empowerment focused as opposed to service delivery.
- Able to engage religious leaders of all faiths by mobilizing them to promote holistic development.
- Management information system skills
- Program/project management skills
- Skills in report writing and project designs Basic knowledge on human resources management
- Ability to manage crisis and work related disturbances.
- Experience in working with donor funds, sponsorship operations and grants funding.
- Working knowledge of disaster management, emergency preparedness, monitoring and evaluation, sphere standards are added advantage.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and other stakeholders
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required.
Closing date: October 31, 2021
To apply, you need to send a letter of motivation addressed to the P&C Director of World Vision DRC, accompanied by a CV, as following, please go to Our People in your ESS in JOBS (Development Actions- Open Position);
Société : World Vision
Site Internet :