Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
RECRUITEMENT No 02-08/ADM/LOLV37/21
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Number of positions: 01
Supervisor: Chief of Party
Contract type: Contrat a Durée Determinee (CDD)
Expiration date: 15 September 2021
Land O'Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
Land O'Lakes Venture37 (Venture37) is implementing a project funded by USAIDto improve the management of Fall Armyworm in maize for smallholder farmers in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The approach addresses three components: validate safe and cost-effective integrated pest management (IPM) technologies suitable for smallholder maize producers; facilitate system adoption of suitable technologies and approaches that will build the resilience of smallholder producers and the supporting market system; and strengthen the enabling environment necessary to coordinate systemic approaches to FAW response.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will be responsible for the development and oversight of all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities of the project. This will include developing and implementing a robust M&E system that meets the requirements of USAID and Land O’Lakes’ M&E policies. Specifically, the M&E Specialist will be responsible for creating quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and processes documented in a monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plan, train staff and partners in M&E system implementation, coordinate all data collection efforts, ensure data quality, process and analyze the data for donor reporting, adaptive management, and learning purposes, and provide oversight support to external evaluators. Additionally, the M&E Specialist will support the development and roll-out of an electronic, tablet-based data collection system that will assist in tracking indicators. The M&E Specialist will also take an active role in adaptive management through active participation in stakeholder, learning and work planning meetings. This individual will be provided technical support from the headquarters Global MEL staff.
- Lead the development of the MEL Plan and update as necessary throughout the life of the project;
- Implement appropriate mechanisms for monitoring and tracking of program activities and results;
- Train all project staff in project monitoring and learning;
- Manage an electronic, tablet-based data collection platform, including training staff and ensuring timely data entry;
- Select and manage appropriate consultants for required evaluations and monitor these activities, including the following:
1. Review survey design and tools in consultation with Global MEL Team and/or appropriate consultant
2. Assist with selection of consultant with skills appropriate to conduct study,
3. Oversee quality control/monitor progress of the consultant’s work, and
4. Review and comment on content of evaluation reports.
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and adjust as needed.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations and improvements might be needed.
- Provide regular updates on project progress against key metrics to the Chief of Party for inclusion in donor reports, work planning and learning events;
- Lead the regular sharing and learning from the findings of M&E data with program staff and partners;
- Assist project staff to use project data to report and disseminate evidence of project work to the wider community, USAID, Land O'Lakes, Host Government, and other external stakeholders;
- Demonstrate the highest degree of integrity throughout all activities, and raise any concerns with implementation quality immediately with the Chief of Party;
- Utilize established SharePoint system to store key documents and share key project and country related information with other staff.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, or related field; Master’s preferred
- At least five (5) to eight (8) years of experience designing and implementing M&E systems, specific to the roles above. Experience with M&E on agricultural programs preferred
- Experience managing a M&E system for US government-funded projects; experience on a USAID-funded projects preferred
- Experience overseeing rigorous mixed methods evaluations for agricultural programs
- Experience in implementing electronic, mobile or tablet-based data-collection systems for data entry, analysis and storage of quantitative data
- Professional proficiency in English preferred
- Computer literacy and competency in use of Microsoft Office software
- Competency in quantitative data analysis software (ex., SPSS or Stata)
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor tasks
- Good time management and willingness to work occasional long hours and travel to the field as required
- Ability to work as a team member independently and proactively with minimum day-to-day oversight
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated and result-driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships for program promotion and issue-resolution
How to apply:
Please send your application: no later than September 15, 2021 via this website: https://lol.avature.net/Careers/JobDetail/Kinshasa-Congo-Democratic-Republic-of-the-Monitoring-and-Evaluation-Specialist-M-E-Sp-cialiste-du-suivi-et-de-l-valuation-S-E/1530 .
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for next interview, no phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Land O'Lakes enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Done in Kinshasa on August 31, 2021.
For Land O’Lakes Venture 37
Jean Paul Nshombo Cigulube
Deputy Chief of Party
Société : Land O’Lakes Venture 37
Site Internet :