Présentation entreprise :
Land O'Lakes Venture37 (V37) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening local agriculture, helping agribusinesses create jobs and linking farmers to markets. Since 1981, it has implemented over 315 integrated dairy, livestock and crops development programs in nearly 80 countries — creating lasting impact by linking farmers, businesses, and the public and private sector in local and global contexts. Land O’Lakes Venture37’s long-standing affiliation with Land O’Lakes, Inc. sets it apart. Land O’Lakes, Inc. is one of America’s largest farmer-owned cooperatives. It supports Land O’Lakes Venture37 project implementation with nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights and technologies. This gives Land O’Lakes Venture37 development projects a unique global view of agriculture, food and the power of well-functioning market systems. Land O’Lakes, Inc. supports these efforts as part of its enterprise purpose of Feeding Human Progress at home and around the world.
Contexte et mission :
Land O'Lakes Venture37 (Venture37) is implementing a project to improve the management of Fall Armyworm in maize for smallholder farmers in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The approach addresses three components: 1) validate safe and cost-effective integrated pest management (IPM) technologies suitable for smallholder maize producers; 2) facilitate system adoption of suitable technologies and approaches that will build the resilience of smallholder producers and the supporting market system; and 3) strengthen the enabling environment necessary to coordinate systemic approaches to FAW response. The main project office and leadership are located in the project office in Kinshasa.
The Accountant reports to the Finance and Administration Manager and assists in all project accounting and financial input and reporting for the Feed the Future DRC Fall Armyworm Activity. This position assists in implementing the project internal controls in compliance with the Accounting Manual, Field Operations and Administration Manual (FOAM), and organizational policies and procedures.
- Prepare payment vouchers and ensure all supporting documents are included with each payment in accordance with Venture37 and donor policies and procedures;
- Reconcile project cash and balance sheet accounts;
- Ensure all established Venture37 and donor policies and procedures are followed for authorizations for travel and purchases;
- Reconcile all creditors and debtors accounts and prepare accrual schedules on a monthly basis by the required due date;
- Maintain the office lease and manage service contracts required for office support (electricity, internet, etc.) and assist in all assigned administrative components of the main office management;
- In coordination with HQ project staff and the DRC Finance & Administration Manager, assist with the preparation of monthly budgets and forecasts, as well as monthly financial statements, for the project according to V37 and donor requirements;
- Prepare and process of monthly payroll payments for project staff in the DRC;
- Assist in the completion and submission of timely required salary statutory deductions to the relevant government authorities on a monthly basis, ensuring that no penalties are incurred for late or incorrect submissions;
- Assist in the maintenance of the medical insurance contract and any other benefits;
- Prepare the monthly end financial reporting package and submit to V37 headquarters office in Minnesota;
- Assist with the filing of all required tax returns, VAT reporting and other official documents to the local government;
- Utilize established LOL systems, Costpoint, Amber Road and Sharepoint (DevLink) to accomplish work and store key project documents;
- Review and process approved cost share collected by other V37 staff;
- Provide honest, timely feedback to Management on how to improve operations; and
- Remain in contact with HQ’s appropriate staff for all financial request and inquiries
- Handle all other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Profil recherché :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years’ of accounting or related finance experience with international organizations.
Advanced knowledge of computers required (MS Excel, Word, Explorer, PowerPoint and SharePoint).
- Experienced in some accounting softwares like Cost Point, Quickbooks, SAGE, etc.
- Advanced English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be detail oriented, proactive, flexible and able to solve problems.
- Previous experience working with U.S. Government grants and agreements.
- A proven proactive team player, who is able to also work with minimal supervision.
- Customer service oriented.
- Available to work evening and weekend hours when necessary to accomplish work successfully.