Senior Manager People
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care . This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions.Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 46 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
The Senior Manager, People is a new position to support and sustain VillageReach’s global growth. This person will be an integral part of our small but mighty People Team as we build and strengthen our systems, policies and organizational norms. This member of our global People team will be based in Africa and have a global focus. The Senior Manager, People is primarily responsible for improving the employee experience of our global staff including recruitment, staff development, and organizational compliance in all of our geographies. This key member will also have the opportunity to refine and build organizational policies and processes to best support the growth and wellbeing of our amazing teams and increase our impact. The ideal candidate loves and understands human resources, is highly skilled, resourceful and collaborative. The location of the individual is somewhat flexible with a preference for Ivory Coast, Liberia, Tanzania, Malawi, Mozambique or DRC. This is a remote, virtual team role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Ensure that VillageReach is compliant in all of our labor jurisdictions/geographies as well as compliant with our funder requirements.
- Be the primary member of People team to drive full cycle recruitment and onboarding for positions in Africa in partnership with our Global People Team.
- Counsel and support global staff on all employee relations issues. In particular, be the primary point of contact for staff who are in UTC to UTC+3.
- Partner with the Director, People Team and other organizational leaders to refine talent strategy and put into action.
- Build credibility and trust among employees at all levels through maintaining excellent boundaries and a relational/human focus.
- Lead staff development and training initiatives for global team both for professional development but also for compliance requirements of our donors and our geographies.
- Promote, understand and improve compensation and benefits for the global team with a specific eye towards equity.
- Be a strong partner with the overall People team ensuring seamless handoffs and smooth communication and working to constantly improve and refine our processes.
- Act as an employee advocate and culture ambassador
- Contribute to the HR Community of Practice and other organizational initiatives as appropriate such as the Wellbeing and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities but may in the future. Would carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in progressively responsible HR roles, with at least 2-3 years in an international context.
- Relevant HR certification preferred.
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience working in a global health or other similar development organization preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment. Fearless with technical systems and experience with various HRIS and other HR tech preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in French and/or Portuguese preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated competency in interpersonal and negotiation scenarios.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate. Ability to be agile in a dynamic and uncertain environment.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations both at the local and global level. As well as an awareness of blind spots and areas of limited knowledge or experience and how/where to get the necessary help.
Environment and Physical Demands
This position would be part of the VillageReach remote team. Due to the time zone differences between our Seattle office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am. In addition, our global HQ and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm.
This is an immediate hire and resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until November 5, 2021 . To apply, please complete an application and submit your resume and a cover letter through our online portal: https://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history.
Société : VillageReach
Site Internet : http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/