Director, DEI&B (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging)
: Director, DEI&B (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging)
Location : Kinshasa
Reports To : President & CEO and VP, Human Resources and Administration
Classification : Full-time, exempt
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
In this globally focused leadership role, the DEI&B Director will champion innovative and inclusive approaches to continue building a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B) that aligns with the Foundation’s mission to end global pediatric HIV/AIDS. Serving as a member of the Global Leadership Team and Senior Leadership Team, this person will lead efforts to ensure DEI&B is integrated and embedded into all strategy, processes, and systems.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
Integrating DEI&B Throughout the Organization
- Refine and strengthen DEI&B roadmap created in 2021 to further develop and implement multi-year global DEI&B strategy as a key part of longer-term strategic plan
- Establish annual DEI&B workplan and goals for the inclusion of and advancement of EGPAF’s DEI&B agenda throughout the organization, and create accountability measures, and metrics to ensure these goals are met; this includes benchmarking, analyzing data, tracking and communicating metrics to all staff
- Ensure a focus of DEI&B into all phases of the EGPAF Employee Experience globally: Talent acquisition, onboarding, learning and development, performance and compensation management, and offboarding, including, but not limited to:
1. Design and implement intentional development and retention programs for all employees, with a targeted focus on staff from marginalized groups
2. Identify strategies to achieve US Affirmative Action Program goals
3. Manage and respond to requests for support from global staff on DEI&B matters; advise global HR Business Partners on DEI&B related issues and concerns
- Conduct organization-wide DEI&B audits and surveys to further review processes, and make recommended enhancements; identify the unique DEI&B needs and improvements in individual countries
- Promote and support the management of EGPAF Employee Resource Groups, and serve as an ally and resource in coordinating these among staff
- Collaborate with staff leading internal and external communications to embed DEI&B into messaging in both internal and external facing communications and platforms
- Establish active and current DEI&B content accessible to all staff via EGPAF internal and external platforms, including resources, tools, and best practices
- Lead and oversee the US DEI&B Committee (formed in 2020) and the global DEI&B Advisory Group (formed in 2021; comprised of one DEI&B committee chair located in each country program)
- Identify and manage external consultants to advance DEI&B goals, as needed and within budget
- Identify, build, and sustain global strategic partnerships with community and diversity (HBCUs, diversity-focused organizations, etc.)
Training and Education
- Create, deliver, and facilitate training and group discussion opportunities for employees globally; topics could include, but are not limited to: unconscious bias, anti-racism, cultural awareness and sensitivity, creating an inclusive workplace, disability inclusion and belonging, LGBTQIA+ inclusion and belonging, and cultivating diverse teams
- Develop and create overall organization DEI&B training plans and curriculum for all countries
- Develop and deliver train-the-trainer sessions for the DEI&B Advisory Group, global HR Business Partners, and other relevant parties
- Liaise with the Decolonizing Global Health Reflection Forum to ensure alignment with the organization’s overall DEI&B goals
- Participate in national and international DEI&B networks to ensure the Foundation is up to date on best practices and trends
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful, you will have:
- 8+ years of demonstrated professional experience leading and advising DEI&B activities
- DEI&B certifications preferred
- Expertise of DEI&B-specific needs in the US, including federal labor laws and required compliance, as well as working knowledge of the unique challenges on the African continent and experience in a diverse cross-cultural environment
- Experience developing, creating, and delivering organizational DEI&B trainings and training plans, covering a range of complex and challenging topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written), including editing and writing; experience presenting to large groups as a subject matter expert and to facilitate in-person and virtual group discussions
- The ability to balance diplomacy with pushing the envelope and speaking out, ensuring necessary topics are brought to the attention of executive leadership
Bonus points if you have:
- Fluency in French and/or Portuguese
How to apply
Interested candidates and who match criteria for this position are encouraged to apply via EGPAF career website and/or by clicking to the following link in order be redirected to the position. Career Center (taleo.net)
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC, women and non-binary, LGBTQIA+, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other members of marginalized communities.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact [email protected]
Société : EGPAF
Site Internet :
Email : [email protected]