Présentation entreprise :
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. Learn more at www.path.org.
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access brings together our expertise across every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and delivery to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to children and communities across the world. Our focus is on vaccines to address the leading diseases that claim children’s lives worldwide: pneumonia, diarrheal disease, and malaria; as well as other global health priorities, such as Covid 19.
PATH Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) office is seeking an Immunization Officer in Lubumbashi to support the introduction of the covid-19 vaccine activities in the DRC starting in April 2021. The Immunization Officer will be responsible for providing technical support to the field staff and ensuring effective coordination in the field with the Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) team and the provincial health team (‘Division Provincial de la santé’(DPS), et ‘Medecins chefs des zones de santé’).
Contexte et mission :
- Provide technical assistance to the field team to ensure an effective integration of covid 19 activities in the field, in targeted health zones in targeted provinces.
- Participates in the supervision and follow-up of covid 19 vaccine introduction activities by working closely with EPI, DPS and Health zone management team.
- Coordinate with provincial EPI team, DPS and health zones to implement covid 19 activities in targeted areas based on surveillance data.
- Based on available mapping and surveillance data, coordinate with provincial and health zone EPI team to define and implement strategies to reach targeted health zones in targeted provinces.
- Work with provincial PEV/DPS supply and cold chain leads to ensure that sufficient vaccines, supplies, and management tools are available in health zones.
- Provide support to covid 19 surveillance, data gathering and reporting from the immunization sites to the health zones and DPS.
- Contribute to the post-introduction evaluation of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Collaborate with project administrators (PADM) to ensure that the project meet all reports and milestones requirements.
- Contribute to the elaboration of technical reports and other publications.
- Conduct other PATH activities for other projects as assigned.
- Represent PATH in meetings and other events related to the project (if needed).
Profil recherché :
Required Skills and experience:
- Master’s Degree or other advance degree in Medicine or public health.
- At least three years of relevant work experience providing technical support to immunization programming.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity working in provinces (DPS) and health zones.
- Demonstrated success in planning, coordinating, and overseeing immunization services at the provincial and health zone-levels.
- Strong understanding of indicators and immunization programming in DRC
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with government personnel, NGO partners, and international organizations in the field.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage challenging situations in a difficult political environment.
- Strong communication skills particularly at the DPS, health zones and community levels.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience working in geographically dispersed teams and a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluency in French and local dialects required; fluency in English is a plus.
Must have legal authorization to work in DRC.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Veuillez cliquer sur le lien ci-dessous pour soumettre votre candidature : Career Opportunities | PATH (silkroad.com)