Title: Advocacy Associate
Project: Advocacy and Public Policy (APP)
Division: External Affairs
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH's Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department works to improve the health of women and children by strengthening policies and financing, impacting their well-being, including support for research and development. We work with policymakers, coalitions, and other influential stakeholders to drive change at the global, national, and sub-national levels. APP is a department of more than 50 staff, across multiple locations worldwide.
PATH is recruiting an Advocacy Associate based in Kinshasa to provide support for advocacy capacity strengthening documentation of advocacy and communications efforts. Reporting to the Senior communications Officer and working closely with colleagues across the DRC, the Advocacy Associate will support the production and management of events, lead documentation and reporting, tool development and documentation, as well as guide relationships with journalists, media houses and other production companies as necessary.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work as part of the APP country team to support the design, production and management of advocacy and learning events across the DRC
- Guided by the Senior communications Officer the, create and implement a variety of activities to inform and influence policymakers, decision-makers, thought leaders, advocates and influencers, to elevate policy goals in immunization, HAT (at national level) and MNCH at the provincial level.
- Plan and lead the documentation of APP team activities in the DRC, including advocacy learnings, case studies, advocacy materials, papers and other relevant documents.
- Work closely with the Senior communications Officer to develop effective communications tools to share progress, ensuring that they are fit for purpose
- Manage external communications vendors, such as media relations firms, translators, journalists, and graphic designers, and liaise with internal reviewers and service providers to always ensure high quality
- Work with the Program Assistant to ensure proper planning, logistics, and scheduling of communications and advocacy activities.
- Support and track the progress of the workplan and budget implementation of provincial activities
- Organize regular follow-up meetings with scholars (Victor Kande Scholarship) to track their progress and help to address challenges.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health economics, advocacy, social science, communications, or related field.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in public health related work, ideally in a combination of technical and policy advocacy roles.
- Demonstrated experience preparing and carrying out effective advocacy and communication activities to achieve results.
- Direct experience working on policy advocacy for public health policies in DRC at the national and provincial level, including experience implementing strategies which target policymakers in the DRC
- Experience interacting with and navigating Government entities and policy makers.
- Ability to work with a variety of work styles and personalities, both within PATH and externally.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, and unpredictable stakeholder expectations.
- Good team player with ability work independently Knowledge of the DRC health context and key challenges in health systems, financing, and policy implementation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French; working English is a plus.
- Demonstrated success working effectively to meet deadlines while under pressure.
Please, click on the link hereafter to submit your application : https://path.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=304743&company_id=15780&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1014442&level=levelid2&levelid2=105102&startflag=3
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page .
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.