Advocacy and Communications Officer, Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access
Kinshasa, Kampala, Lusaka, Dakar
Title: Advocacy and Communications Officer, Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access
Africa Region – Kinshasa, Kampala, Lusaka, Dakar
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges. Learn more at www.path.org .
PATH is currently seeking an Advocacy and Communications Officer who will work across a diverse set of internal and external partners in the Africa region to support the introduction of typhoid conjugate vaccines (TCVs). This role will be responsible for helping to define and deliver country and regional-specific advocacy, communications, and social mobilization strategies while contributing to crosscutting global teams and priorities.
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access (CVIA) spans every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and introduction to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to women, children, and communities across the world. CVIA’s current portfolio encompasses more than two dozen vaccines either in development or already in use to protect against 18 different diseases, including diarrheal disease, malaria, meningitis, pneumonia, polio, and typhoid. We work in partnership with national health ministries, pharmaceutical manufacturers, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, and many others.
Specifically, this role will join the CVIA team to support the Typhoid Vaccine Acceleration Consortium (TyVAC). TyVAC is a partnership between the Center for Vaccine Development and Global Health at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, the Oxford Vaccine Group at University of Oxford, and PATH. Together, TyVAC works closely with local and global partners to accelerate the introduction of TCVs. Learn more at www.takeontyphoid.org .
- Provide input into the development of advocacy, communications, and social mobilization strategies to support country TCV introduction decision-making processes. Implement local and regional tactics aligned with overall strategy.
- Develop compelling, context-specific messages and materials about typhoid burden, prevention and control, TCVs, and related issues to influence decision makers to prioritize TCV and improve community-level acceptance.
- Identify and engage local and regional champions and partners to galvanize support for TCVs
- Help design and implement stakeholder meetings and workshops, as needed.
- Provide technical assistance on country advocacy, communication and social mobilization strategies and activities related to TCV introduction campaigns, as needed. This may include:
* Working in close partnership with national and sub-national government officials
* Participating in national Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) Working Groups on advocacy and communications
* Risk communications planning for immunization campaigns and introduction
* Collaborating with EPI on developing, testing, and finalizing key messages and information, education and communication (IEC) materials
* Supporting media sensitization workshops and/or briefings
- Contribute to Take on Typhoid communication channels including web, blog, and social media by proposing and drafting content.
- Help assess effectiveness of advocacy and communications strategies, assist efforts to gather lessons learned and contribute to sustainability planning.
- Coordinate story-gathering missions including photography, videography, interviews, and other efforts to document project work and country successes.
- Contribute to development of templates and materials that can be used by other implementers, civil society organizations, and champions throughout the region.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in communications, public policy, global health, or related field
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in designing and managing advocacy, communications, and social mobilization strategies for global issues
- Experience working with national-level stakeholders as well as civil society organizations and communities
- Experience facilitating strong relationships and working within multi-country or global, cross-functional, and diverse teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication with ability to tailor approach for various audiences and channels
- Fluency in English and French required
- Willingness to travel, as needed
- Understanding of immunization programs and health systems strongly preferred
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's pag e .
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected] .
Veuillez cliquer sur le lien ci-dessous pour soumettre votre candidature :
Société : PATH
Site Internet :